Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still haven't come to terms that we're leaving the club, you're that used to being whipped and dominated,
you haven't realised that yet.
Ding-dong.

I'm quite sanguine about things, this cock up is unfolding as I suspected it would, there are only two scenarios now, we don't leave or we leave in so tame a fashion as makes no difference.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Whatever you say old man. The closest i've managed to find this term in 'common usage' is that it's from the days of imperialism, so not a popular or well known as you may think it is especially amongst those under 40. One thing that IS agreed upon is that the implication is clear: a person driven to suicide.

So try and justify it all you want.

Oh do grow up.

I'm quite sanguine about things, this cock up is unfolding as I suspected it would, there are only two scenarios now, we don't leave or we leave in so tame a fashion as makes no difference.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
Page 397, Article 50 Brexit Negotiations.
We'll revisit this at a later date.

Anyone with a serious interest in this subject should read the latest book by the ex Greece Finance Minister Janis Varoufakis "Adults in the Room, My battle with Europe's deep establishment". A fascinating insight into the inner workings of the EU and how it is impossible to negotiate anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/may/03/yanis-varoufakis-greece-greatest-political-memoir

Having read the book the only conclusion I can draw is that we should leave now. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has read the book and doesn't feel the same.

Anyone with a serious interest in this subject should read the latest book by the ex Greece Finance Minister Janis Varoufakis "Adults in the Room, My battle with Europe's deep establishment". A fascinating insight into the inner workings of the EU and how it is impossible to negotiate anything.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/may/03/yanis-varoufakis-greece-greatest-political-memoir

Having read the book the only conclusion I can draw is that we should leave now. I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has read the book and doesn't feel the same.
When you say leave 'now' you mean tonight, tomorrow?
What about aircraft landing rights, all the regulatory bodies that have to be set up to replace the existing EU ones to make sure things like aircraft are safe,drugs are safe etc., not to mention the customs chaos at Dover and a billion and one other things that haven't yet been sorted that govern our everyday life.
Answers on a post card please to the "Brexit let's leave right here right now and fcuk the chaos society"
Neasden.

The author? Brexit bad for the left, bad for the world.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ld-be-the-worst-of-all-worlds-says-varoufakis

https://www.yanisvaroufakis.eu/2016/03/04/brexit-will-hasten-collapse-of-european-union/

What about aircraft landing rights, all the regulatory bodies that have to be set up to replace the existing EU ones to make sure things like aircraft are safe,drugs are safe etc., not to mention the customs chaos at Dover and a billion and one other things that haven't yet been sorted that govern our everyday life.
Answers on a post card please to the "Brexit let's leave right here right now and fcuk the chaos society"
Neasden.

Let's keep the status quo because change is hard, well done you, we all want revolution unless it's a bit of a bother

Neasden.
The CAA regulates aircraft safety of British operators and is probably the best in the World, personally I'm not certain what regulates European air travel. There's been chaos at Dover for years usually trying to find criminals in trucks and with the amount of litigation lawyers who've sprung up in the UK I'm sure companies will ensure drugs are safe,so I'm pretty sure these things will be sorted well before we depart.

Neasden.

Have you read the book? The EU ties nations in knots through regulations. To gain agreement on even the major regulations would take forever never mind the shape and size of bananas.

If we don't leave we give up any notion of sovereignty, control of borders and continue to be a fiefdom of greater Germany. If you think this is a ridiculous statement which no doubt you will, I say once more, read the book.

I remember him being interviewed several times during the brexit election process urging Britain to stay. He's Greek and understands that Greece's only hope, no matter how forlorn and remote is a reformed EU. It's called self interest. I doubt his view would be the same if he were British.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.