Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Germany are the country most politically and economically committed to the EU.
As regards the economics, the Euro is a massive benefit to Germany who are a hugely successful exporting nation.If it were not for the single currency they would have a strong and overpriced Deutschmark which would severely reduce the competitiveness of their exports.
Hence it is Germany's interests first and foremost to have a strong EU and anything that jeopardizes the existence of the bloc ( for instance by giving an existing member a good economic deal to leave) represents a major risk to the German economy.
Sure there will be some lobbying by German industry but they know which side their bread is buttered on.
Exactly. So stop buying f*cking German cars!!!!!!!

Philip Hammond and Liam Fox’s Brexit transition plan is a pipe dream...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/14/eu-brexit-transition-period-liam-fox-philip-Hammond

Can any Brexiter critique this? I really would like to know why this is typical remoaner nonsense.

Of course they can't, because it's simple and factual and patently true.

Every day I read similar opinions to his, from economists and business leaders and political advisors. Maybe I am suffering from confirmation bias, but I haven't seen one which didn't make me feel sick to the stomach about the mess we are in.

In the news today German politicians vexed that people in Germany speak English :)

I can see his point, he was annoyed at cafes in Berlin using English instead of German. It wasn't so much annoyance at English specifically, more so them not speaking the national language in the capital.

Hello Campers.
The new Hammond /Fox EU accord is beginning to unravel.
Apparently in any transition period the UK are not prepared to accept temporary membership of the customs union but will propose membership of a temporary customs union (details of which are to be submitted by the UK - Sky News).
You could make it up Jeff, but I'm not.

really shouldn't check this thread before starting work as it starts the day on a complete downer.

but in the spirit of things...

experts eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.