Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tourists then.
Like many other countries with visa waiver of no visa requirements for tourists.

No
UNLIMITED
Not tourists, They can settle here.

I think it is a great idea.

But I thought that was what Brexshiteers were against.

Nearly every interview I saw was of them complaining of the presence of foreigners in their towns, not speaking English, not integrating, Yada yada.
There is a large tranche of Racist Brexshiteers who are going to be very unhappy. They wanted all the Europeans booted out.

These are hugely worrying times, mate; at least for those of a liberal disposition, such as you and I. Brexit is an utter fucking shambles and, as you allude to, the whole situation feels a little surreal.

Anyone who doesn't have a liberal disposition has something wrong with them, but unfortunately ignorance, stupidity and selfishness are still powerful components of the human psyche.

For the first time in 47 years on this planet, I'm frightened for my children's future.

I still can't fucking believe what this country has done to itself. Of course it's a collosal shambles. It could only ever be a shambles, which is why it should have never happened. I've never felt so politicised and, I'm going to be honest, angry at the people that brought this on us.

In fact, at the risk of sounding histrionic, I'll tell you what the world is starting to feel like now to me: Lord of The Rings. Good v Evil. Maybe those religious types had something after all.

Actually no. They are one of the causes of this mess.

No
UNLIMITED
Not tourists, They can settle here.

I think it is a great idea.

But I thought that was what Brexshiteers were against.

Nearly every interview I saw was of them complaining of the presence of foreigners in their towns, not speaking English, not integrating, Yada yada.
There is a large tranche of Racist Brexshiteers who are going to be very unhappy. They wanted all the Europeans booted out.

They cannot work and cannot claim any benefits so yes your right, not only tourists but also retired people with enough income to support themselves.

As for your Racist bollox, I know lots of people who voted leave and not one of them could be described a racist or xenophobic, not that you know the difference.

They cannot work and cannot claim any benefits so yes your right, not only tourists but also retired people with enough income to support themselves.

As for your Racist bollox, I know lots of people who voted leave and not one of them could be described a racist or xenophobic, not that you know the difference.

Funny, I know a fair amount of people who voted leave and while they may not be inherently racist they certainly 'fear' immigrants in large parts due to the shit media they soak up. They truly believe, and I include my dear grandma in this, that immigrants come over to take 'our' jobs and, of course, steal benefits. On top of this they believe a lot of the nonsense about how the EU manipulates Britain and 'steals' from them.

The best bit is how they all thought little Britain would somehow be more powerful than the 20whatever countries that form the European Union, how they'd be begging us to remain in some form and thus we'd easily carve out a trade deal with them, while also clambering over all the world offers for trade that would fall at our door while at the same time we magically ring-fence ourselves out of the world and only take the benefits of being a global world power without taking on any negatives.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't absolute fucking madness.

They cannot work and cannot claim any benefnot its so yes your right, not only tourists but also retired people with enough income to support themselves.

Not racist or xenophobic, just against so many immigrants? I admit it's a difference but not sure how much.

The best bit is how they all thought little Britain would somehow be more powerful than the 20whatever countries that form the European Union, how they'd be begging us to remain in some form and thus we'd easily carve out a trade deal with them, while also clambering over all the world offers for trade that would fall at our door while at the same time we magically ring-fence ourselves out of the world and only take the benefits of being a global world power without taking on any negatives.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't absolute fucking madness.
People's views are pretty entrenched on this subject, to say the least, and if someone is just fundamentally opposed to us being part of the EU, then that is a view that I don't share, but I'd like to think I respect; but the levels of delusion from leavers as to the pain that an uncoupling would entail have been comically wide of the mark, and display a discernible absence of judgement and grip on reality.

What the fuck made them think we'd be holding any meaningful cards?

People's views are pretty entrenched on this subject, to say the least, and if someone is just fundamentally opposed to us being part of the EU, then that is a view that I don't share, but I'd like to think I respect; but the levels of delusion from leavers as to the pain that an uncoupling would entail have been comically wide of the mark, and display a discernible absence of judgement and grip on reality.

The bitter lesson we need to learn is how the lies and fantasies gained such traction, through the tabloids and standard bearers for Brexit.

There was no accountability whatsoever during that fucking referendum. The bullshit merchants vanished like the wind when the results came out. In a supposedly forward thinking democratic country like this, that was a catastrophic oversight and situation. Political parties are at least accountable for their promises. This lot had carte Blanche to delude large sections of the public with whatever made up claptrap they wanted.

I still haven't given up hope, believe it or not. Once things unravel even further, and the hardship really starts to bite the man in the street, there will be much more of a sea change in opinion, even in the entrenched places.

It's the old empire mentality IMO. I hate this wave of nationalism that is spreading the world. It's fucking dangerous and we really don't learn from history do we.

I still haven't given up hope, believe it or not. Once things unravel even further, and the hardship really starts to bite the man in the street, there will be much more of a sea change in opinion, even in the entrenched places.
The principal practical problem with that outcome is upon what terms, if any, would we effectuate a reversal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.