Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The principal practical problem with that outcome is upon what terms, if any, would we effectuate a reversal.

A few EU nations would want to make an example of us, but I think most really do not want the UK to leave (for a variety of reasons). In the end I think common sense might prevail. The rebate might disappear but I doubt we would have to join the euro.

A few EU nations would want to make an example of us, but I think most really do not want the UK to leave (for a variety of reasons). In the end I think common sense might prevail. The rebate might disappear but I doubt we would have to join the euro.
As we've weakened the pound against the dollar, i doubt the Eurozone would want us.

Last edited:
Apparently we now only want to leave the ecj's direct jurisdiction. So we will join the efta court or set up a new court which will be advisory but in practice always adopts ecj rulings. The brave new world

As we've weakened the pound against the dollar, i doubt the Eurozone would want us.

At least the calculations would be easy as we're nearly at parity with the Euro.

Waiting for Brexiters to explain why this is a good thing.

Apparently we now only want to leave the ecj's direct jurisdiction. So we will join the efta court or set up a new court which will be advisory but in practice always adopts ecj rulings. The brave new world

We will be leaving the European Union in march 2019. Get over it.

At that point our elected representatives will be the only people who can pass laws that directly affect our lives.
If we are not happy with our elected representatives we can show them the door at the next general election.
Our elected representatives appoint our judges.
The appointed judges interpret the law of the land and the highest court of appeal will be the Supreme Court.

Sounds reasonable to me as a democrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.