Article 50/Brexit Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some ardent remainders version of poor might be not affording to go to oddbins for their wine and having to settle for waitrose.

I really doubt any of the remain voters left holding the fort on this thread have any honest questions left. The EU bureaucrats have turned to name calling and insults today because it isn't going their way, any Brit should be annoyed at the sheer arrogance of the continentals.
Give us money!
No!
We'll teach you.
Yawn
The EUs got used to taking our money so its hardly likely they were ever going to give it up without a struggle.

It's not an insult it's an observation of mine about the thread.

Offence is taken not given. If YOU feel that my observation on how this thread has 'devovled' into petty insults and ad hominem attacks references you personally then i'm afraid that's your issue. I'm talking about how the thread has become what it has, not that it's always been that way; you're interpreting the post incorrectly, again another example of what has happened to the thread.

Do I think you're a positive contributor? No, I don't. Sorry. (Positive here having the meaning of providing beneficial information that gives an accurate representation of the proceedings, and not 'pro-Brexit'. It's a shame we all have to clarify everything now because people like to interpret things differently to suit their outrage.) Do I feel I do? No, as I stated I welcome the contributions of those who genuinely try and make sense of the verbal diarrhea that comes out, to explain in laymen's terms what's going on because I myself am not privy to the inner workings of the EU, the gargantuan task of negotating our separation to a successful and satisfactory conclusion. Personally I don't care if the EU becomes worse off as a result, but that's just my view.

If your admitted purpose, or at least one of, is to 'persuade' people then may I be one to state that your tactic of insulting them isn't working and it's reached a point now that even if you did say something credible, few on here would now respect it on that basis because of what you've stated in the past. YOU think the Brexit negotiations are shite because you think Brexit is shite, by your own admittance. To a neutral how are they meant to respect your opinion? You've admitted your bias. And that is the purpose of my previous post; this is not a thread for people to explain or discuss what's going on or the potential ramifications from both viewpoints, it's the pro-EU/Anti-Brexit champions arguing with the pro-Brexit/Anti-EU advocates about whose opinion on brexit is most 'right'.

How is that conductive to informing others about the updates to the proceedings? *Something happens* "Oh this is terrible, this proves Brexit's a disaster, blood on your hands for the next generation!" "No this is great news, proves the EU was out to get us all along, things can only get better!"

Four. Hundred. Pages of this shit.
Again - very well said.

I admire your calm in the face of the determination of the usual suspects to seek to prevent discussion on the actual negotiations - the intended scope of this thread - due to their being unable to tolerate any view that the decision to leave has been made and will/should be implemented.

The thread title has been changed a couple of times to try and achieve a forward focus only for the usual suspects to prevent that with their continuous stream of, IMO, inane ramblings that simply demonstrate denial and an inability to 'let go'.

Again - very well said.

I admire your calm in the face of the determination of the usual suspects to seek to prevent discussion on the actual negotiations - the intended scope of this thread - due to their being unable to tolerate any view that the decision to leave has been made and will/should be implemented.

The thread title has been changed a couple of times to try and achieve a forward focus only for the usual suspects to prevent that with their continuous stream of, IMO, inane ramblings that simply demonstrate denial and an inability to 'let go'.

So how are the negotiations going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.