artificial grass

mcfcmick

Anybody have this in there garden i have a small garden but wanting to put this down so my lad can play out all year round rather than on flags and a tiny bit of grass any recommendations for any installers around the stockport area

If you can wait a day i can tell you who did the family house in Hazel Grove. It lasted for 7 years before looking a bit tatty. That was with 2 German shepherds knocking the shit out of it daily. I'll get the company name and price she paid, I will see if she has the technical knowledge to upload a pic to me to so i can show you.

My mum is gets back from a winter cruise for old dames tomorrow so i can ask her the datails then.

Yep, and it's brilliant, our dog was scorching the life out of the lawn with her piss, tried to patch it up with turf but it was a lost cause, paid a company to rip it up, good base put down then the artificial grass, wasn't cheap but look excellent

I did mine 2 years ago mate and its fantastic. Do it yourself mate as it costs a fortune to have it done. Make sure the ground is level and pack plenty of sand down and then a weed membrane and for me, you then want a nice artificial turf with a medium length which looks natural and dont buy cheap crap. It goes down like a carpet mate and with a nice sharp stanley knife its a piece of piss. Edges i did with some wood beading hammered in so that its nice and neat.

Kids love it.

So you have to make a frame around your garden and fill with sharpsand i am just worried about the drainage with laying on part flags

I was working in Marple last week and one of the big detached houses had their lawn done out in the artificial turf. It looked outstanding and really stood out. I'll take a pic tomorrow and i can knock on and ask him who did it etc, he will probably think i'm a burglar haha!

So you have to make a frame around your garden and fill with sharpsand i am just worried about the drainage with laying on part flags

Flags need to come up mate, thats what i did and i have zero problems with drainage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.