Arts and crafts

Two Gun Bob

Before I leave I would like to enter in discussion as to the pros and cons of arts and crafts.
This goes way beyond a bored Stepford wife devoid of humanistic interaction.
Its about making do and making ends meet.

We traveled to Oak Furniture land hard on the heels of a new computer table with possible matching sideboard today.

Our mdf fabric coated piece of tat was gasping of it's last and we knew we had to act fast.
We approached this place of advertised repute and was offered coffee latte americano or mocha
I chose Americana skimmed milk as I am on a mission for may and I am not talking landsdown road eh

But the lead sales man was on to me
No matter were I turned or twisted he would follow me.
Its oak lad real fucking oak and listen to me whilst I bang it with me fist ...
See lad it's real oak and nowt like mdf tat

But but had not that mdf tat just lasted me 12 years of loyal use ?

Its oak lad real oak lad from oak land and no tat he said again as we escaped to the northwest corner of the store.
I say lad I say lad he said again 8 minutes later as he bushwacked us on the staircase it's nowt but real wood in here.

Any way we fought a rear guard action and escaped to the nearbye farm house of san mer eglisse and relative safety.

But it was to cost us £1200 for the matching set and what should we do..
And so we took stock off the situation..

We spent all day working out what was what and realized our furniture was not beyond redemption.It was the fablon top that was worn away and the rest was sound.

And so I bought three packs of chequered place mats and a tub of special spray glue.
Arts and crafts shall save the day
It cost 7 pounds to mend the surface.
Are you ready to make do and mend or are ready to capitulate in the war of retail shenanigans.

2utm54n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your handiwork should be an example to others in this time of austerity. Three packs of chequered place mats and a tub of special spray glue for 7 new pounds? That's a bargain in itself. I shall buy 24 pallets worth - provided they're still in stock.

Your handiwork should be an example to others in this time of austerity. Three packs of chequered place mats and a tub of special spray glue for 7 new pounds? That's a bargain in itself. I shall buy 24 pallets worth - provided they're still in stock.

You Honour me
And truly are the results magnifique,
The paper covering on the fablon had slightly worn but with the mesh placemats affixed they took on a whole new persona.
Speaking of personas .

Do we spend our days worrying about scratches or shall we rise above and surpass the surpassable.
Life awaits you poster known as steviemc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's difficult to judge fully the results of your handiwork without full pictures of front, back and sides, 360 degrees. Also, Mrs S would like to know what happens if you spill a cuppa tea. Does it seep into the cracks between where the place mats are glued. That might cause some internal swelling of the MDF fabric in future. Maybe a good coat of varnish will resolve that potential design feature. But from what you have said jobs a goodun and far better than buying £1000's on easY term payments, zero % interest make your first payment in March 2026. Oakland ranks on my least favourite retail outlet list for the very reasons you outline. Vying for first place with Ikea and Pets at Home. Does fly tying count as arts and crafts. If so I'm all for it.

Have you thought of making a video of the process and posting it on you tube?

I believe you can make a fortune this way.

You could then move into other areas such as home carpet weaving and shoe cobbling.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.