Ashes 2017/18

Roots the key but if he does go early the rest of them should think like it’s a 1 day match needing 170 of 50 overs. It’s all in the mind.

Roots the key but if he does go early the rest of them should think like it’s a 1 day match needing 170 of 50 overs. It’s all in the mind.
Except in a 1 day game there are fielding restrictions, power plays and restrictions on the number of overs per bowler.

1 day rules are designed to favour the batting team. This isn't a 1 day game, no matter how much any player might like to think it is so.

I honestly don’t know why I’m doing this to myself as I’m certain as can be it will all end in tiers but those 4 you mention right there are capable of taking us close to the target. That’s not even including Overton who has shown he can score a fair few runs too. I’m not including Broad as he’s not geared towards these situations and although Jimmy can play a shot or two, it’s not happening if it comes down to him.

Can’t believe I’m getting my hopes up, especially as Lyon is turning it square....
tears.....:)

Even if England lose, its shown they will not necessarily lose the tour 5-0, (as I thought)
There is fight in the old dog so to speak, ohh and the barmy army were fantastic in that last session.

Even if we lose a strong batting performance and any score of 250+ would be a good outcome. It might give us a positive mental boost and a bit of momentum going forwards knowing that our bowlers can give these guys a good game, as well as clearing up some of the negativity about our own batting.

But this is England in Australia and that normally doesn't end well regardless.

Australia have been getting some god tier reviews. Reminds me of Nadal in the tennis

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.