Ashley Smith Brown

sam-caddick said:
blueincy said:
One more win and they qualify thanks to him..

Final game is against France, it's win or bust.

I really hope they qualify because for me this is England's best are group in terms of talent in my opinion and I think quite a few in this team will go on to be England seniors.

I think it is a miss for them that they haven't got Dele Alli and Brandon Barker with them though, Dele Alli in particular because of his senior experience.

If they do qualify we will England U17's, U19's and U21's to watch in European Championships this summer, the U17's and U19's both have City players in the teams.

there are some brilliant talents coming through for england atm, thats why i think england will be fine in the future. Barker, patrick roberts, ryan ledson ( everton, a lli, Pritchard from spurs then theres loads in the u21s who are looking very good

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
sam-caddick said:
blueincy said:
One more win and they qualify thanks to him..

Final game is against France, it's win or bust.

I really hope they qualify because for me this is England's best are group in terms of talent in my opinion and I think quite a few in this team will go on to be England seniors.

I think it is a miss for them that they haven't got Dele Alli and Brandon Barker with them though, Dele Alli in particular because of his senior experience.

If they do qualify we will England U17's, U19's and U21's to watch in European Championships this summer, the U17's and U19's both have City players in the teams.

there are some brilliant talents coming through for england atm, thats why i think england will be fine in the future. Barker, patrick roberts, ryan ledson ( everton, a lli, Pritchard from spurs then theres loads in the u21s who are looking very good

We should be absorbing as many of them as possible; Spurs getting Alli was a great piece of business.

There is a lot of talent in the Championship; after all, Stones and Ramsey were signed from that level and have both developed into top-class performers. Will Hughes use of the ball is immense, he's the kind of player who could sit deep in midfield and set the tempo of games as well as being able to drive forward when necessary.

Adam Armstrong at Newcastle is an explosive finisher, the kind of which our academy seems to be unable to produce at the minute. Buying these kind of players, loaning them out for a few seasons and then integrating the best of them, selling on the others that aren't quite at the level we require would pay for itself.

As the homegrown quota becomes increasingly vital and will soon constitute only British talent, that is the approach we should be taking.

It's very unlikely any player signed before the rule is announced as a definite future law, will be disqualified as being homegrown. That would be grossly unfair on the players & the clubs. So if we sign a player from Europe now who would qualify, I recon it's pretty certain they will not tell him he can't play as homegrown in 3 years time.

We should continue to scout the best players U18, until then, not just the English ones.

I doubt the clubs will accept that rule anyway, as it is nonsense & counterproductive to their interests.

And why the fuck should it be British talent anyway ? It is the English Premier League.

Neville Kneville said:
It's very unlikely any player signed before the rule is announced as a definite future law, will be disqualified as being homegrown. That would be grossly unfair on the players & the clubs. So if we sign a player from Europe now who would qualify, I recon it's pretty certain they will not tell him he can't play as homegrown in 3 years time.

We should continue to scout the best players U18, until then, not just the English ones.

I doubt the clubs will accept that rule anyway, as it is nonsense & counterproductive to their interests.

And why the fuck should it be British talent anyway ? It is the English Premier League.

You are right insofar as the rule of legitimate expectations arise. Say someone buys Schneiderlin for £25m on the basis he qualifies as Homegrown as he would qualify as the rule stands today. The rule changes and he no longer qualifies then both the club who buys him and the player could argue that he was entitled to have a legitimate expectation of qualifying as homegrown but now no longer qualifies so both club and player may have a case against the FA.

In any event I really can't see these rules being introduced it would encourage a huge snap up of 14 year olds from across Europe. It may also be contrary to EU laws on free movement of persons.

Happy birthday to him!

He seems quite skilled and composed for a defender.

Lovely little goal.

What do people think of him? Looked good in midfield and RB yesterday, his composure in the box is great here and he's got a habit for scoring as well.

Think he'll make the grade?

Lovely little goal.

What do people think of him? Looked good in midfield and RB yesterday, his composure in the box is great here and he's got a habit for scoring as well.

Think he'll make the grade?

He doesn't seem to grab the headlines, however when I have seen snippets of him he looks a well balanced player and two footed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.