Aston Villa Thread 2016/17

Struggled replacing quality or reliable players who they sold on or released and then got inferior standard. Not re-invested well at all. Eventually it catches up and the drop follows.

Mellberg, Collins, Milner, Carew, Barry, Young, Heskey, Cueller etc

It's like the job Joe Royle took on for us right now, needs a complete overhaul.

You're being generous to him Kaz; born in Brum, started out at Leeds, went to Oldham, then came to us. Supposedly an Arsenal fan.

Still one of our own Jim. If you offered Micah the chance to play for any club in the world I bet he would pick City. He wasn't a blue when he arrived, but he was when he left.

Still one of our own Jim. If you offered Micah the chance to play for any club in the world I bet he would pick City. He wasn't a blue when he arrived, but he was when he left.
Maybe you're right Stony. Perhaps my judgement was clouded by the way his career with us turned sour. The bling, the way he seemed to go in for the muscle bound appearance at the end, which seemed to coincide with a major downturn in his form for us.

He's on record as saying he'd like to come back to City and work as an ambassador.

I hope they go down. That season they took the piss out of the barcodes was a bit much. You think they'd have an affinity with another big under achieving club. Mocking them as they went down was a bit classless, it's not like they had any history together. I think it was just a case of Villa fans being jealous of the media perception of Newcastle.
I hope they get relegated all the way down to the very pit of professional football.

Really think they'll struggle again this year. Di Matteo doesn't strike me as the right manager for them in the Championship. They'd have been better off going for someone like Nigel Pearson.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.