At what point do we have a real fixture congestion???

WesthoughtonJohn

Ok we have a large number of "What ifs" and "maybes" - and clearly it's not in our hands but the powers that be.

I bring this up because people were wondering why Arsenal away was squeezed in where it was.

We have a decent chance of making the semi final of the FA cup. Meaning 2 more fixtures to rearrange.

We are likely to make the QF of the CL.

All of a sudden, bearing in mind UEFAs rule about not playing games when their competitions are being played, and an International break in March, are we starting to see a problem completing fixtures by the end of the season???

(Edit - I'm hoping someone with more nouse can work it out from a calender)

Last edited:
Ok we have a large number of "What ifs" and "maybes" - and clearly it's not in our hands but the powers that be.

I bring this up because people were wondering why Arsenal away was squeezed in where it was.

We have a decent chance of making the semi final of the FA cup. Meaning 2 more fixtures to rearrange.

We are likely to make the QF of the CL.

All of a sudden, bearing in mind UEFAs rule about not playing games when their competitions are being played, and an International break in March, are we starting to see a problem completing fixtures by the end of the season???

(Edit - I'm hoping someone with more nouse can work it out from a calender)

If we win on Monday, we are at the point of fixture congestion. If we draw on Monday, it’s gonna get crazy.
We have 2 free midweeks between now and the end of season.
Week commencing April 16th and week commencing May 7th.
It’s gonna be relentless until the end of May hopefully. If we draw on Monday and win the replay and go on to beat Southampton and win a 1/4 Final in the CL we’ll have 3 fixtures to rearrange and only 2 midweeks to fit them in.

Eliminate the internationals.
I don't see why one round of qualifying games can't decide who goes to the World Cup and the Euros. More or less halving the number of games played over a four year period.

It's a nice problem to have
Just ask the players do they won't to keep winning ( playing twice a week )
Am sure we know the answer.
C.T.I.D

beat wigan amd brighton gets moved, beat southampton and swansea gets moved.

don't see the issue,as the FA cup qtr final has no replay so it will mean a game every 3- 4 days if we are in all comps and if we wrap the league up by the rahgs game them we can rotate and rest players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.