City Football Group (CFG) buy into Chinese club Sichuan Jiuniu FC (from Chengdu)

This global strategy is never, ever explained. Venezuela these days is an economic basket case and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe a little coaching slot for Clichy?

Growth potential is all about Asia.. This is about scouting and player ownership, and the size of CFG makes having a continental base almost inevitable I guess.

This is it. Third party player ownership is rife in South America. It’s banned in all football but the local law’s mean the ban is very difficult to enforce there, in Europe it is enforceable and this causes many issues with players coming over. If we have a club there it can help to sort those issues out locally, so we could sign young players to that club outright clearing up the ownership before any transfer to Europe at a latter date.

This global strategy is never, ever explained. Venezuela these days is an economic basket case and it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe a little coaching slot for Clichy?
I don't see this move and the Uruguayan one as directly commercially motivated, they're more about creating a conduit for the best young S.American talent.

I don't see this move and the Uruguayan one as directly commercially motivated, they're more about creating a conduit for the best young S.American talent.

This is the whole point of buying and collaborating with clubs in South America. A place where we can put young talent in the hope they eventually produce one or two world beaters.

Atletico Venezuela

f06255afe5ccf9d0c4ed8ef61c420af9.jpg
LOL at the photoshopping out of the red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.