Attendances

The complaining about the 'singing section' and 1894 that I've seen on this thread and others I feel is very unjust. I stand in 114 and the singing section does exactly that, it sings. Albeit a fair few of the songs started are a bit naff/out of date and need knocking on the head, I'm looking at the back row of 115 here - Hull at home especially. But all the time there are genuine attempts to create an atmosphere. However, what doesn't happen is it doesn't spread around the ground. I remember a few years ago the rest of the ground would join in with things, granted it was mainly "stand up if you love city" but at least it was something. Now you have the whole ground sitting, looking at the south stand and complaining that we're not singing loud enough and that the atmosphere is crap. There are so many occasions when then rest of the ground can get involved but they don't. You can't even get a blue moon or a couple of claps in "if you hate man united.." off people. Then cue the 80th minute everyone is off. Then we have a cup semi final and nobody can be arsed to go! To a semi final!!! A chance to get to a final, when we need our fans to help turn around the deficit and we have two tiers closed and a load of seats available. I'm only 19 and it's scary to think that the days of our fans being good are behind us and that this is it for the foreseeable future.

The complaining about the 'singing section' and 1894 that I've seen on this thread and others I feel is very unjust. I stand in 114 and the singing section does exactly that, it sings. Albeit a fair few of the songs started are a bit naff/out of date and need knocking on the head, I'm looking at the back row of 115 here - Hull at home especially. But all the time there are genuine attempts to create an atmosphere. However, what doesn't happen is it doesn't spread around the ground. I remember a few years ago the rest of the ground would join in with things, granted it was mainly "stand up if you love city" but at least it was something. Now you have the whole ground sitting, looking at the south stand and complaining that we're not singing loud enough and that the atmosphere is crap. There are so many occasions when then rest of the ground can get involved but they don't. You can't even get a blue moon or a couple of claps in "if you hate man united.." off people. Then cue the 80th minute everyone is off. Then we have a cup semi final and nobody can be arsed to go! To a semi final!!! A chance to get to a final, when we need our fans to help turn around the deficit and we have two tiers closed and a load of seats available. I'm only 19 and it's scary to think that the days of our fans being good are behind us and that this is it for the foreseeable future.

You are right. I think there is a fair amount of apathy this season. SS3 started very promisingly but has certainly died down. Don't think the "good old days" were much better because they weren't. I think the team playing as they have been hasn't helped because the atmosphere against Chelsea was very good.

sitting in the new south stand, block 315 (alongside the away fans when filled up), I'm thinking its a bit of a joke how we were all told to sit down against Everton after 60 or so minutes. Spoke to the stewards in that area and they've told me if we would like that section standing then a group of us would need to put emails in requesting that area to be stood for big games. Please let me know if someone feels the same way?

When was this semi final I've missed ?

sitting in the new south stand, block 315 (alongside the away fans when filled up), I'm thinking its a bit of a joke how we were all told to sit down against Everton after 60 or so minutes. Spoke to the stewards in that area and they've told me if we would like that section standing then a group of us would need to put emails in requesting that area to be stood for big games. Please let me know if someone feels the same way?

I'm the other side of the steps from the aways. There's no way the club would sanction standing up there for all games, it's too steep. We'll get away with it for 3/4 games a season Chelsea, rags, arse etc but that'll be it.

Watching Barcelona on Sly Sports.

Beating Bilbao 6-0.

68,000 at the Camp Nou tonight. Capacity is 99,000.

Fans doing the Mexican Wave in the 2nd half. :-?

blues, we have to stop biting at rags who go on about empty seats! I find it funny if I'm being honest. Yeah there were empties yesterday but the place was full for the most part and yet again nearly 54k turned up!

the GMP data about rag 'real attendances' versus rag 'declared attendances' is always a good reposte if one of the b*stards tries that one

I have no real problem with fans of other clubs harping on about attendances - they're meant to be biassed.

I have more problems with anyone in the media doing so, and only referencing them for City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.