Attendances

I think our attendances are great on the whole. Too many leave early and too many arrive at their seats late but all in all we're heading in the right direction.
The atmosphere is, as is the case at every other ground, hit and miss and often dependant on the score line.
You've got to be a right **** to use the term 'emptyhad' and if you're a grown adult saying it there's a chance you went to special school.

My point had literally nothing to do with terracing, nor 'safe standing'. My point is to still use seats, but leave them unreserved like countless other sporting or entertainment events do.

You still have CCTV, you still have stewards, it requires no work to the stand. The only difference is that I can go with a group of my mates, get in the stand half an hour early and we can all sit together. It also means anyone who wants to improve the atmosphere can sit together.

It won't happen mate.

Have you ever seen 10,000 people fit perfectly into 10,000 seats without allocated tickets? It's an utter logistical nightmare. When the last thousand or so get in the stand there will be absolute chaos as people scramble around looking for a space. There will be arguments, people standing up everywhere, big crushes, everything.

I have seen it happen at European grounds. Barcelona and Villareal are two I remember. Barcelona open up one block at a time and let it fill, then open up the next, but it will never happen over here any more because of Hillbrough, our hooligan problem, policing costs etc etc.

Dont see why anyone is actually arsed about empty seats
I mean did anyone see the Barca game last night the top tier was half empty happens all over europe
and the only ones in england who bring it up are from clubs who have nothing else to have a go at us for

because that's all they got left to have a dig at

it'll never be unreserved, at concerts you buy a seat, the only unreserved are usually standing at gigs when there is a set area and they know that there is enough space for people no matter what, at Etihad gigs they do seating un reserved but that includes standing so there is enough space for everyone no matter if people want to sit or stand,

un reserved seating at a football match would be chaos, for example you'd get 5 seats, a group of 3 people turn up and sit in the middle 3 with empty seats either side and then 2 more people have to move and split up, the 3 people wouldn't move because they've had a drink and a bit tipsy so it'd cause more troubles, it'll unfortunately not happen

what happens at half time, you get 3 guys going to the bar, a dad and his 2 sons see the empty seats and think "that's a better view we'll go there" its unreserved seating so they are free to do so, the 3 guys come back and then you have a situation that could'v been avoided

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.