Attendances. ??

Licker, I know the area pretty well as I did some work for Barclaycard who have a big office over the road. It's a transport nightmare frankly as there's only one road in from either the East Lancs or M57 and there would be very little parking. If anyone's ever been to Reading in the car then it would be worse than that. They would need to set up huge park-and-rides around Kirby to make it viable. There's enough space for that.

There's a handful of pubs (three?) and a shopping precinct with a few places to eat but that's basically it. When I come over to Goodison, I usually meet up with some Toffee mates for a Chinese and we get the Soccerbus from Sandhills about three quarters of an hour before the kick-off. It would take far, far longer to get to Kirby from the city centre. So it would probably have a negative impact on the match-day experience.

You certainly need to do something to your ground but there's something comforting about going there as it's a "proper" ground, surrounded by terraced houses with loads of pubs and decent transport links.

La La La LA .... well its got a L.pool post code but its right on the borderline, its possibly closer to Wigan and St Helens, When you think that we were once the only club in liverpool, we used to play at anfield until we broke away and left them there, they are actually our bastard sons, we spawned them, and now our club is thinking of taking us further away and leaving them in the city.
Like Prestwich-blue says its a transport nightmare and i could see it losing supporters rather than gaining any, most supporters are now screaming about all the lies the club told just before they asked them to vote for the move. Now with all the action Groups digging more and more into the plans and the transport links, they are finding that its certainly not "the Deal of the Century" they told us it was. The CEO Wyness has walked out since the plans have been disected and everything is going tits up. Hope it falls through, altho we could do with moving away from Poor old Goodison because its looking a bit dated.
Liverpool Council are willing to sit down and provide sites within the City but EFC signed an exclusivity contract with Tesco, so unless the Government say no to the project we cant talk to anybody else.
Meanwhile its all getting to the players and manager, we are playing shite and shipping goals left right and centre, and with the arse and the rags up next, we could be shaking hands with Spurs at the bottom Next month.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.