Auschwitz

This topic came up at work yesterday. I work with a lot of Germans. The term used by them was it was the Nazi's and not the Germans. This can be said with war memorials across Europe. On the plaques it will say invasion by the Nazi's
Well, it wasn't just Germans doing the dirty work, the Austrians, Hungarians etc. they picked up too.

She should go to Jerusalem, which is the most incredible city on earth regardless of any religious affiliation you may or may nor have. And when she's there, go to Yad Vashem, the Holocaust Museum and walk through the Garden of the Righteous. She will see that many Germans (including Oskar Schindler) and others made heroic efforts to save Jews, some at the cost of their own lives. She should be proud of those that did this, not ashamed of those who carried out the atrocities.
I concur 100% about yad vashem,me and my mate visited in 1990 just after the gulf war started,(October and November 1990,greece,Israel and eygpt ,great time to go no tourists or travellers etc )....I remember there is a small rowing boat in the grounds of yad vashem that was originally from Norway,that was used to help jews in that country escape the Nazis,i remember going into a hall there with hundreds of photos of the murdered,with names being mentioned constantly one after the other,truelly upsetting and emotional.

Jerusalem gave me at the time the famous " Jerusalem syndrome ",,iv travelled quite a lot in my time but to this day I still say Jerusalem is very special,even as an agnostic non believer ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fjqk

David Baddiel is on BBC 2 on Monday night doing a documentary on Holocaust Denial.

As I understand it , the vast majority of those who deny the Holocaust do so because they view it as the only obstacle to people voting for parties who want enforced repatriation of people of non European descent .They do not actually believe it never occurred.

So I do not see the point of giving them airtime.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.