Autistic LGBT Rangers

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot

Lionsgate's upcoming Power Rangers film will include an LGBT protagonist, marking the first time a big-budget Hollywood movie has included an LGBT superhero. The film also includes a character on the autism spectrum.

(Note: The following contains minor spoilers for the Power Rangers film.)

In a scene in the second act, one character asks Trini (the Yellow Ranger, played by Becky Gomez) if she is having "boyfriend problems," and when she denies it the character asks if it is actually "girlfriend problems."

Director Dean Isrealite told The Hollywood Reporter that the scene is "pivotal" to the rest of the film. "She's questioning a lot about who she is," Israelite commented. "She hasn't fully figured it out yet. I think what's great about that scene and what that scene propels for the rest of the movie is, 'That's OK.' The movie is saying, 'That's OK,' and all of the kids have to own who they are and find their tribe."

Billy (the Blue Ranger, played by R.J. Cyler) has a scene where he talks about being on the autism spectrum.

The film will open on March 24 after a delay.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ncludes-1st-big-screen-lgbt-superhero/.113671

So yeah this is news worthy! A lot of news media covering it..... Is it me or does being gay seem to be the new vegan now?
There was this kinda coverage when there was a gay character revealed in Beauty and the Beast... Is this and the autistic character some sort of "Look at the times we live in now, we like gays, we like different people"?
Seems all cringe to me, why not just have the character announce it in the film (or just let the viewers figure it out) and be like "oh okay, he/shes gay" like they did with Javier Bardem's character in Skyfall?

Something like 1 in 50 are autistic.
I think the numbers are 1 in 30 are gay, could be 1 in 20.
About time they got represented on the big screen as normal sections of society

Something like 1 in 50 are autistic.
I think the numbers are 1 in 30 are gay, could be 1 in 20.
About time they got represented on the big screen as normal sections of society

Surely gay and autistic characters have been in films for years? it's just now for some reason the media feel the need to announce it as big news!
I finds it odd really, no doubt that it's probably to draw more people to go see said film, so afterwards they can feel superior to other people for watching a film with a gay person or autistic person in it being treated as a normal section of society (which has never happened before apparently)

Any pics of the lesbian?

becky-g-in-a-bikini-at-miami-beach-july-2015_19.jpg

Lionsgate's upcoming Power Rangers film will include an LGBT protagonist, marking the first time a big-budget Hollywood movie has included an LGBT superhero. The film also includes a character on the autism spectrum.

(Note: The following contains minor spoilers for the Power Rangers film.)

In a scene in the second act, one character asks Trini (the Yellow Ranger, played by Becky Gomez) if she is having "boyfriend problems," and when she denies it the character asks if it is actually "girlfriend problems."

Director Dean Isrealite told The Hollywood Reporter that the scene is "pivotal" to the rest of the film. "She's questioning a lot about who she is," Israelite commented. "She hasn't fully figured it out yet. I think what's great about that scene and what that scene propels for the rest of the movie is, 'That's OK.' The movie is saying, 'That's OK,' and all of the kids have to own who they are and find their tribe."

Billy (the Blue Ranger, played by R.J. Cyler) has a scene where he talks about being on the autism spectrum.

The film will open on March 24 after a delay.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ncludes-1st-big-screen-lgbt-superhero/.113671

So yeah this is news worthy! A lot of news media covering it..... Is it me or does being gay seem to be the new vegan now?
There was this kinda coverage when there was a gay character revealed in Beauty and the Beast... Is this and the autistic character some sort of "Look at the times we live in now, we like gays, we like different people"?
Seems all cringe to me, why not just have the character announce it in the film (or just let the viewers figure it out) and be like "oh okay, he/shes gay" like they did with Javier Bardem's character in Skyfall?

Gays are so last year, it all about the trans nowadays

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.