Autistic LGBT Rangers

It's mainly because these groups are massively underrepresented in Hollywood films. For example, women make up just a third of speaking roles in films (defined as a character that says one word or more). Ethnic minorities and people with disabilities are also massively underrepresented, especially when you consider the demographics of America, but also California and Los Angeles, where non-Hispanic white people are only 42% of the population, but 73% of film characters are (but more in leading roles). The problem is that for a lot of characters in films, it genuinely doesn't matter what race, gender or sexuality they are, and yet these parts still go to straight white men more often than not. Obviously sexuality is a bit more difficult to judge, because you can't see it, and most minor characters don't actually have a sexuality, but how hard is it to have one or two gay couples in a romantic restaurant scene, for example?

As for why they're shouting about it, well let's just say we all now know there's a new Power Rangers film coming out.

The race/gender thing ever considered that the less represented race/gender just have a lower percentage of good actors/actresses? It gets to the point though when characters of race/gender/sexuality/disorder are just represented as a token....
For example would it be better to offer a black man a role in a film on the bases of being black rather than his acting capabilities? Would it be better to offer a woman a role in films for the fact that she's a woman?
There could be an on going argument regarding this, But the fact is a lead role doesn't go to a white man for being white, it's based on his acting capabilities... there's been plenty of black people and woman who have had glowing careers in hollywood based on their acting skills.

I don't disapprove not at all. I made the thread with the wonder why a large majority of the media feel the need to shout it from the rooftop that movies have gay people or people with mental deficiencies in it...

It's almost like they're trying to convince people to go see them for that purpose, and you do get some people who feel morally superior than others for going to see these films for that reason.

I think we live in a age where it doesn't matter what a character looks like, what their sexuality/gender/race is or what mental disorder they have, people really shouldn't care enough to deem it necessary to broadcast it as news worthy.

You, as an individual, might feel like that but not long ago there was a kick off about a Black 'Storm Trooper', FFS!!

Holy shit, just wait til the 'Thor' character changes from male to female and Cap America turns from White to Black!!

You, as an individual, might feel like that but not long ago there was a kick off about a Black 'Storm Trooper', FFS!!

Holy shit, just wait til the 'Thor' character changes from male to female and Cap America turns from White to Black!!

Did people seriously kick off about a black storm trooper? Fucking hell!

I don't reject the fact that there probably are bellends out there that strike a fuss up about trivial stuff like that, sometimes you wonder if they're taking the piss looking to get a reaction, or if they're actually that sad in real life to complain about some thing like that.

The race/gender thing ever considered that the less represented race/gender just have a lower percentage of good actors/actresses? It gets to the point though when characters of race/gender/sexuality/disorder are just represented as a token....
For example would it be better to offer a black man a role in a film on the bases of being black rather than his acting capabilities? Would it be better to offer a woman a role in films for the fact that she's a woman?
There could be an on going argument regarding this, But the fact is a lead role doesn't go to a white man for being white, it's based on his acting capabilities... there's been plenty of black people and woman who have had glowing careers in hollywood based on their acting skills.

The only problem with this is that say only 10% of lead roles go to black actors I'm not having that white folks are better actors than black folks. I actually think the main problem is books,comics etc.. have been written in the past and even now with mainly white characters or characters with certain physical traits. So would a studio cast a black man as James Bond, or make Dirty Harry trans or shaft a white gay guy?

All of them could work quite easily but what's the point.

The only problem with this is that say only 10% of lead roles go to black actors I'm not having that white folks are better actors than black folks. I actually think the main problem is books,comics etc.. have been written in the past and even now with mainly white characters or characters with certain physical traits. So would a studio cast a black man as James Bond, or make Dirty Harry trans or shaft a white gay guy?

All of them could work quite easily but what's the point.

Nick Fury was white in the old avenger comics until Samuel L. Jackson played him in the films, then marvel changed his image in the comics to look exactly like Samuel L. Jackson because they felt it would be a fitting tribute to a brilliant actor who played that role extremely well.
I Am Legend in the books Robert Neville was a white German scientist and in the film they cast lined Will Smith (granted he's a shit actor anyway).
Morgan Freeman played red in Shawshank Redemption even though in the novel he was a ginger white guy.

Like i said it depends on the actor really. If Idris Elba got casted for bond I can't imagine many people being outraged or have a problem with it, considering he's a class actor.

Nick Fury was white in the old avenger comics until Samuel L. Jackson played him in the films, then marvel changed his image in the comics to look exactly like Samuel L. Jackson because they felt it would be a fitting tribute to a brilliant actor who played that role extremely well.
I Am Legend in the books Robert Neville was a white German scientist and in the film they cast lined Will Smith (granted he's a shit actor anyway).
Morgan Freeman played red in Shawshank Redemption even though in the novel he was a ginger white guy.

Like i said it depends on the actor really. If Idris Elba got casted for bond I can't imagine many people being outraged or have a problem with it, considering he's a class actor.

In fairness to the above there are always exceptions, Tom cruise got shit for being a small jack reacher.

I live in one of the reddest Trump supporting counties in Pennsylvania and as a city supporting American I feel I am very open-minded but anything that takes people from my area out of there comfort zone causes controversy and and movie studios turn that into publicity that is all this is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.