AVB Sacked (Merged - all in here please)

BigOscar said:
Great article on the toubles behind the scenes

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10521678/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-and-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-had-become-distant.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... stant.html</a>

Turns out Adebayor was a disruptive influence? Who'd have thought it?
The Adebayor deal was all about Levy doing a great deal in his mind; it was about the money and not the football.

You do get the feeling that Levy cares far more about being seen as financially astute than actually helping the team. I'd hate to have him as a chairman

EricBrooksGhost said:
BigOscar said:
Great article on the toubles behind the scenes

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10521678/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-and-manager-Andre-Villas-Boas-had-become-distant.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... stant.html</a>

Turns out Adebayor was a disruptive influence? Who'd have thought it?
The Adebayor deal was all about Levy doing a great deal in his mind; it was about the money and not the football.

And the failed moutinho bid due to a minor sum to seal the deed. I really think he would helped AVB carry out his vision on the field. He is the kind of midfield player AVB system needs. I have seen play for Portugal and he is a classy technical player that retains possession well and can initiate attack quickly. The kind that thrives in AVB's system. Can see why AVB wanted him badly

the press never liked him anyway,so they got what they wanted now he's sack.i don't know why Levy has to sack him on that ground of spending big when we all know the man never got the player early than expected for him to work on them during preseason. he had this players when the league started and they virtually came not so in tune with the managers philosophy on the team.Levy is a bad CEO he needs to sack himself.

I don't get all the Levy hatred personally.
He gave the manager all of the Bale money to spend, which he did, on players who have underperformed spectacularly, playing a bizarre system which nobody can understand.
How can this fiasco be down to the chairman?
He doesn't pick the team, and he doesn't kick a ball - he just bankrolls the show.

Spurs played quite bad football last year as well, won most games 1-0 with a moment of individual brilliance from Bale. His tactics (except for that time he smashed Mancini) and style of football has been poor ever since he went to that club. They spent a lot last year, they spent even more this year, but they are going backwards IMO.

TBH I think they spent very poorly this summer. not necessarily signing bad players, but not thinking about who would fit into their team and who and what they needed. There didn't seem to be much of a plan outside 'sign anyone we can get'. Their two most expensive signings, Lamela and Soldado are having dreadful Premier League starts. and players like Eriksen are barely featuring.

Sacking AVB writes of their season now for me, be surprised if they finished top 6 let alone top 4.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I don't get all the Levy hatred personally.
He gave the manager all of the Bale money to spend, which he did, on players who have underperformed spectacularly, playing a bizarre system which nobody can understand.
How can this fiasco be down to the chairman?
He doesn't pick the team, and he doesn't kick a ball - he just bankrolls the show.

he could get in a manager that has a clue...

Santini, Ramos and this chump who was clueless at chelski

Levy clearly isn't good at picking manager (he has to get one right eventually though, surely?), but that doesn't mean that anyone other than AVB is at fault for his sacking. Levy was right to pull the trigger, so was Abramovich.

Manchester United have given Spurs permission to speak to David Moyes.
However, Spurs are saying the didn't ask

ps

Not my work, so don't have a go at me over how some numptie spelt "thier"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.