Avoid Karrimor Trainers

Sure its the trainers? Might just be a slight hamstring strain from overstriding?

Ive heard of trainers causing calf problems but hamstring seems unusual.

I used to wear nothing but Asics, but 4 years ago or so, they changed and they increased nearly a full ounce in weight from the previous year. That was the last I ever even tried on a pair. I spent a year going through various shoes as I was really changing my gait and eliminating my pronation. Now i am very loyal to the Brooks Pure Flows. They are neutral, weigh only about 6 ounces per shoe (half that of the Asics I used to wear) and they have a 4 mm heel drop which I find is perfect for me and they cost $100 as opposed to $150 for the Asics.

I've never heard of Karrimor. I wonder if they are even sold over here.

Stuuuuuu said:
Experiencenced marathon runner here. There's no point in buying anything other than Asics in my view.

What a stupid thing to say - and an 'experienced marathon runner' should know better!

117 M34 said:
Stuuuuuu said:
Experiencenced marathon runner here. There's no point in buying anything other than Asics in my view.

What a stupid thing to say - and an 'experienced marathon runner' should know better!

Yes, Asics are an excellent brand, but certainly are not the only one.

Brooks, New Balance to name but two.

SiMCFC said:
I bought some Karrimor walking shoes a few years ago as we were going on holiday and doing quite a big walk (Samaria Gorge) and didn't want to take my boots, big mistake, the quality of the shoes led to a collapsed arch as there wasn't adequate thickness of sole etc, still in pain with it now, bastards!

Being the silly bugger I am, I walked Samaria Gorge in air of espadrilles!! It was about 13 miles over rocks and I was never so happy to see the sea at the end of the trek.

The name is a play on Carry More.

It's because they are made to transport the typical SD customer so need to be able to carry more. They are not athletic wear by any stretch of the imagination, they just look that way. Their shoes offer as much protection for your body as those fake sunglasses you can buy on a beach abroad offer your eyes.

Rodney Marsh's Hair said:
SiMCFC said:
I bought some Karrimor walking shoes a few years ago as we were going on holiday and doing quite a big walk (Samaria Gorge) and didn't want to take my boots, big mistake, the quality of the shoes led to a collapsed arch as there wasn't adequate thickness of sole etc, still in pain with it now, bastards!

Being the silly bugger I am, I walked Samaria Gorge in air of espadrilles!! It was about 13 miles over rocks and I was never so happy to see the sea at the end of the trek.

Braver than me! It crippled my feet for the next 2 years haha, I know what you mean though, relief when you get to the harbour!

Pokes28 said:
I used to wear nothing but Asics, but 4 years ago or so, they changed and they increased nearly a full ounce in weight from the previous year. That was the last I ever even tried on a pair. I spent a year going through various shoes as I was really changing my gait and eliminating my pronation. Now i am very loyal to the Brooks Pure Flows. They are neutral, weigh only about 6 ounces per shoe (half that of the Asics I used to wear) and they have a 4 mm heel drop which I find is perfect for me and they cost $100 as opposed to $150 for the Asics.

I've never heard of Karrimor. I wonder if they are even sold over here.
Karrimor are a British brand, started off making back packs and other outdoor or mountain gear and have now moved onto spotswear, i'v only ever bought cycling shirts and shorts off them, don't think they will ever crack the USA market

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.