Avoid Karrimor Trainers

Must be honest, I'm a seasoned runner, member of a running club, veteran of 6 marathons etc and I love Karrimor's off-road running shoes. I haven't however tried their road running shoes yet!
Never had a problem with the off road shoes. I seem to remember them getting a very favourable review in Trail Running magazine a couple of years ago.

^ If you need orthotics, does that mean you're an over-pronator? If so, you could do with a pair of Asics GT2000 (or similar stability shoe) which will solve the problem.
Yes, over pronate. I looked st the top recommended ones and ended up with the new balance due to the cost compared with how often I will wear them. I can't wear them at work and the snow is coming.

Always best to go to a proper running shop for advice.
If they don't have a treadmill in there for you to try them on and them to do a gait analysis of you running with them on, then get them from somewhere that does.
Also, don't take recommendations from other people because what works for some people, won't for others.
Asics are the biggest brand in running trainers but I've never got on with them.
Best to find a brand/style that works well for you and stick to it.
This and only theees. You can purchase the "best" most popular high end shoe and if it isn't a good fit for you, good for your gait, pronation, arches, etc you will have problems.

Went and did this years ago and found out Mizuno Wave running shoes would be one of my best options. I'd never have chosen them without this guidance.

One other thing I've learned through the years is don't go with footwear just to save money. Cut back elsewhere if you can. If you're feet hurt. You will always be miserable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.