Away ends and tourists

Away tickets are dead revenue for the club, so some bright spark has clearly decided to bolt them on as value adds to drive other areas of revenue that make their own figures look better. Look at how many tickets boxholders are guaranteed for every away game, and then imagine how many are made available for the sponsors that pay millions/hundreds of thousands per year for the privilege. If some marketing guy from Nexen Tire wants 10 tickets to give to the family of a client for a big game against the dippers, no one at the club is going to stand in their way. It's what they were promised when they signed up and what they now expect as a given.

This is all being driven by the club. There is simply no way that the extent to which this is happening has anything to do with supporters clubs or points whores.
True & very sad

It's difficult, I'm at the game today with my mate who ex-manchester born & bred in gorton and ex-season ticket holder at Maine Rd who now has lived in Denmark for the last 20 years or so.

Technically he's now a tourist, I've got a spare for him today but that's a home game where there's always some slack. He's probably been to more games than 25% of blues there and his last match was a 4 hour drive to watch the ladies CL game in Denmark, but technically he's a tourist. The point I'm making is people aren't always what they seem on first impressions.

Away games however, the club really should as much as possible make sure tickets go to fans via loyalty points. I rarely do aways now, apart from Wembley normally only 1/2 a season but I was a Barca when Zabba was sent off and had all sorts around me.

Re agency tickets, is it not illegal to mark up a £30 ticket to £200 via an agency?
Say hello to TH from me!

True & very sad

IMHO we as a fan base have contributed to the situation. The majority on here didn't give a fcuk when Level 2 East and Colin Bell stands were being corparatised. It wasn't affecting them and it was "good for business".

It's no big surprise that some of those corporate tickets / season cards are bought by people/ businesses who don't support city and they help out their mates through their away ticket priority at places like Anfield.

It has taken the tunnel and its impact on Level1 Blues for the wider fan base to take notice. That development on its own will lead to corporates getting priority for more tickets.

It's true but I bet your mate doesn't turn round and ask someone to take a photo of him while we're about to take a corner as happened to me, I bet he's not got burnley, Utd , Liverpool scalf on & I bet he looks like he might be interested in who wins ? It's not about your accent or colour, it's about the whole attitude to the game, there is a difference. I've seen tourist laughing & joking , big smiles on their faces trying to get pictures of the player who's just scored against us, if that's the way City want it fair enough but they'll lose my support & thousands like me if it carries on.
Exactly this. There's a bloody big difference between lapsed Blues or long distance Blues etc and tourists who are there just to see a PL or CL game and don't give a stuff who wins. It's even worse when the tourist actively wants the opposition to win.
As for the comment about a City fan in the home section for the West Ham game: I think there might be a bit of a difference between a high-demand trip to Anfield with only 3,000 tickets and a low-demand cup tie on a Friday night which won't sell out anyway.

If anyone is clever enough to post an article in the Times yesterday ( page 7) it will explain quite a lot.

I'm off for a pre match drink so will keep it short, apparently if the clubs sell 'hospitality' tickets to brokers well in advance the brokers can them sell them on often at inflated prices. Therefore if the club gives the brokers permission to buy the tickets anything the brokers do with the tickets after that is OK ???

City and the rags have signed a deal with Florida based Dynasty sports and Entertainment. They then sell them on to a brokers called StubHub who often sell them on to whoever is daft enough to be ripped off.

StubHub are presently advertising £95 tickets for the upcoming derby for £677.

Quote "Man City said it had no commercial relationship with StubHub but declined to comment on its deals with resellers."

I suppose the crux of the matter is are these tickets really 'hospitality' tickets i.e. In the posh seats with meals etc or are the clubs being economical with the truth and they are really tickets in the in the away ends with the proper fans.

PS. Senior MPs are asking for clubs to face questions by a Parliamentary enquiry. Erh we'll see.

If anyone is clever enough to post an article in the Times yesterday ( page 7) it will explain quite a lot.

I'm off for a pre match drink so will keep it short, apparently if the clubs sell 'hospitality' tickets to brokers well in advance the brokers can them sell them on often at inflated prices. Therefore if the club gives the brokers permission to buy the tickets anything the brokers do with the tickets after that is OK ???

City and the rags have signed a deal with Florida based Dynasty sports and Entertainment. They then sell them on to a brokers called StubHub who often sell them on to whoever is daft enough to be ripped off.

StubHub are presently advertising £95 tickets for the upcoming derby for £677.

Quote "Man City said it had no commercial relationship with StubHub but declined to comment on its deals with resellers."

I suppose the crux of the matter is are these tickets really 'hospitality' tickets i.e. In the posh seats with meals etc or are the clubs being economical with the truth and they are really tickets in the in the away ends with the proper fans.

PS. Senior MPs are asking for clubs to face questions by a Parliamentary enquiry. Erh we'll see.

Excellent info. The amounts involved will be peanuts relatively so I don't know why Prem clubs get involved.

Away tickets are dead revenue for the club, so some bright spark has clearly decided to bolt them on as value adds to drive other areas of revenue that make their own figures look better. Look at how many tickets boxholders are guaranteed for every away game, and then imagine how many are made available for the sponsors that pay millions/hundreds of thousands per year for the privilege. If some marketing guy from Nexen Tire wants 10 tickets to give to the family of a client for a big game against the dippers, no one at the club is going to stand in their way. It's what they were promised when they signed up and what they now expect as a given.

This is all being driven by the club. There is simply no way that the extent to which this is happening has anything to do with supporters clubs or points whores.
Correct!

It's enough to make me want to jack it all in. City now are the not club I once supported, and it's for the worse despite being a top 4 side.

I absolutely despise all this shit!

At least people are waking up now.
I was banging this drum yeas ago, as were many others.

Its fucking sad but apparent city fans, your own fellow club fans, who happen to be corporate get allocated up to 6 tickets as part of their deal and will get the full allocation and sell them on willy nilly.

So if one hospitality guy has a contact in Belgium, he's gonna flog em all on to the De Byrne fan club.

Knocked aways on its head awhile ago.
But hey if you like being spanked keep going.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.