Away fans in home end again

Really don't understand why people get so precious about opposition fans on home areas. In the 1970's it happened all the time. We went from uni to Goodison one night for a midweek game, paid on the gate and sat in the old Park End with Everton fans.

I don't even mind them celebrating when their team score. As long as they're not stupid or aggressive then what the hell does it matter?
That's my take on it too, I've done it myself in the past at a number of grounds and cheered our goals without taking the piss and never had a problem and that was in the 70s and 80s. At the Monaco match last season I had two Monaco fans directly in front of me who cheered their first goal, didn't bother me at all but a bloke half a dozen seats along from me went apeshit and even threatened me when I told him to calm down.

I'll happily give you any advice I can mate but I feel very strongly that, as football fans, we've allowed ourselves to be criminalised by the authorities. We've even been complicit in that process. 99% of fans, whoever they support, are decent people. Why can I go to Murrayfield and sit with a load of Scottish rugby fans, cheer England yet have a good laugh and friendly banter with them? Even have a drink.

We all know rugby has always been like this,and agree,how it should be,we can learn a lot from both codes of rugby ON and OFF the pitch,but this point I've made about these spare seats in the City end being used for away fans is ridiculous,we aren't Fulham all of a sudden are we that holds a "neutral" section,I'll be taking it up with City today anyway,never know I might get upgraded to the tunnel club..........................................

Fair enough not read all the thread.
If it is happening most games get in touch with the club with the seat numbers.

Another point of the thread missed,this gaff at times........

They are people who just support another team - as long as they show respect fair play to them. I have sat in home ends - would be hypocritical to slag them off for it. In fact thinking about it I took an Everton fans last night with me.

Always seems to be home fans in our end it never really bothers me to be honest as long as there isn't any trouble or goading I don't mind it personally but can understand your point if it's every game away fans are in front of you.

There's quite a lot of home fans I don't like sitting near. I had the temerity to stand up during a rousing 'We're not really here' in the 83rd minute, desperately urging my team on in the final throes of a thrilling second half only to hear 'well he's certainly here, keeps standing up all the time'. When I looked around to see who said it him and his mate promptly got up and left. 5 minutes to go with the distinct possibility we could have gone on to an unlikely victory given the circumstances. I understand that people want to leave early etc. and that not everyone likes to stand up occasionally when the atmosphere builds but why have a pop at people that do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.