Away fans in home end again

Past 2 seasons I've had a elderly gentlemen sit behind me lambasting Pep (and previously Pellegrini), calling him clueless, also having a pop at the Barcelona boys. I wouldn't mind if it was constructive criticism but it's just 45 mins of whining. In order to nip in the bud for the forthcoming season I asked him at half time "why do you bother coming", "why don't you support the team", his response was "I'm entitled to my opinion". I said fair, "but at least be constructive". He left his seat and never came back for the 2H. Personally, I hope he turns up for the Liverpool game and starts supporting the team, some how I don't thing it will happen.
Did he have a mobility scooter?

Football is caught between the past tribal working-class roots and the modern influx of the entertainment customer. Personally, now I'm older, I'd love to be able to sit in the home end, drink a beer and have banter with away fans in front of me a la rugby. But then again I fell in love with that tribal atmosphere as a youngster (as long as it never boils over into violence I think it's fine). It's tough one, football does have a bit of an identity crisis.

So the 'rights' of a fan is greater the more they have paid?
The issue is away fans are in his area. The amount he paid for the seats is irrelevant.

It's me whose in question here,I made the point of the amount I have paid relevant,as others have agreed,but even if it was £70 I don't want fucking scousers sat in front of me,especially when we 1-0 down.....is that ok with you ?

So the 'rights' of a fan is greater the more they have paid?
The issue is away fans are in his area. The amount he paid for the seats is irrelevant.

What is relevant is he bought a season ticket for 19 games, not a one game ticket. Regardless of the cost the club should be more considerate.

Well I see an issue with it,and you chirp in with your 134th post in being on here 9 years ?

So we are all wrong for not wanting them in and around us are we ?

I only wanted some advice on who to contact,but now you cause a bigger debate as it's only banter,or even more personal by saying it's an attitude thing ..........ok mate

Perhaps someone in authority on here could make a definitive statement about how many posts you need before you're allowed an opinion?

Lets get rid of segregation then shall we? Seen as though its not a problem! Many people feel uneasy having away fans near them and not all away fans will sit quietly. If they jump up and it kicks off you might get involved, your kids might get a crack or you could end up with a ban. There is an away end for a reason, Meesh is correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.