Away games in home end

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by BringBackSwales, 5 Nov 2017.

1. Pearceman

Pearceman

I was about 5 yards from when Pointon 'tackled' gigs in retaliation for him having left a foot in earlier. Cue a full on handbags show before Pointon saw red. When it had all finished, the seriously injured gigs got up, winked at the crowd and jogged back into the action. It was fookin great when Curle equalised later on but I certainly kept my head down.

2. Man-chester copperpot

Man-chester copperpot

I was in the Blackburn end at maine road. My sister worked for CIS and got me & a mate a ticket! Think it was Edgehill who scored and we celebrated and got chucked into the north stand city end by police where all my other mates sat! That worked out pretty well

3. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Did u go spurs away,68,game before the newcastle title decider
    If you did,what was that like?!

4. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Was that the one where the city fans were ripping seats out in the away end?

5. MCFCTrick

MCFCTrick

In reverse, who takes mates that support opposing teams in our ends? We took a mate in who is a rag, local lad and season ticket holder (but now lives daaahn sarrrf) in the North Stand with us for what turned out to be the 5-1 ..... he just sat there squirming.

Have Geordie mate coming down in Jan and he's having the seat of a mate who will be away, next to me for that game. Good lad, not a gobshite. Likewise he got me and mate in the Gallowgate with him for the 2-0 penultimate win in 2012 .... never any hassle if you behave either way.

6. bluefish

bluefish

I was at that game too. Got there dead early after setting off to hitch it..think the second lorry we thumbed stopped and
    took us all the way there! Remember hanging about the streets outside the ground until the train arrived full of city then
    we all piled into the Boothen and waited for the stokies to turn up. Remember a city fan on crutches twatting any clay head
    coming in range...like you say it all got a bit rowdy.

7. Sid C

Sid C

Christ I remember that bricking. I had my back to a coach looking forward so I could see the bricks coming when some twat threw one from the side of the fence, it was only last second instinct that saved me from looking a lot uglier than I did already. The annoying part about that was that the City fans were in good humour despite going down. Unfortunately stoke fans don’t do humour.

8. bluefish

bluefish

I hitched it to that one as well(must have been mad or skint or both as I was only 13 at the time)but got there late and missed the
    first half I think. Managed to get in without paying but I was only 5 foot nothing and hardly saw any of the match. Don't remember any trouble
    but city were loud and proud as usual.

9. I think it’s more about doing what you can to be there rather than enjoyment.

10. Ian Hall 2109

Ian Hall 2109

My first away end was Chelsea in 1978, City won 4-1 with a Ron Futcher Hat Trick !! I was about 14 and went with a mate who was a Chelsea fan we were in the top tier of their New Stand and will always remember a pissed Chelsea fan screaming you're a "Fucking Masturbater" at me after I celebrated the 4th !!! Best part of the day was my mate blagging his way on to the City Bus and getting my Program singed by most of the team !!