Away games in home end

Swamp in 73ish. Stratford end in a 3-1 win. Remember Marsh scoring a classy goal. No big deal home ends, there is a knack to doing it right.

Not quite the same, but I did the City v Spurs game in 2014 in the away end at the Etihad. Mate is a Spuds season ticket holder home and away who offered me a free ticket. Was sat right on the border with the home fans getting pelters but obviously couldn't react. Very strange. Great views from the 2nd tier, mind.

I was behind the goal for the Celtic 3-3 match last season.

It was quite scary.

I remember me and a mate going in the home end at Sheffield Wednesday because it was £9 and the away end was a completely unreasonable £14.

I was in the shed end when tolmie scored his free kick. That was a frightening experience.
I also watched 2 or 3 derbies in the paddock.

April 24th 2000at Fratton Park, I was rumbled after Bob Taylor scored the second goal. Things got pretty hairy, Enter left Lee Bad buy!! Never liked the bloke, never rated him as a player, but hay, he came to my computer aid that Saturday scoring twice against us!!! The natives seemed to forget about me! '!!

Man Utd
Millwall
Crystal Palace
Tottenham
Chelsea
Birmingham
Leeds
Aston Villa
Brighton
Liverpool
Everton
Brentford
Wycombe
Watford
Wolves
Luton
Derby
QPR
Arsenal
Leicester
Swansea
Wimbledon

Filbert Street.(Wanchope scoring a winner for us) I was celebrating at the back of the stand behind the goal so didn't get noticed.

Sheff United- 0-0. Glad we didn't score. Was quite dodgy and think we got sussed.

Stockport 2-2 I think. Jamie Pollock scored and I couldn't help myself go wild in their Cheadle End. Ended up getting a couple smacks

Walsall 1-1.

Liverpool away around 93-94 season. My dad (not a big football fan) died in the July 93 and I wanted to take my mum, a Liverpool fan, to Anfield as she'd not been since the 60s.
Phoned Liverpool and told em my story and they sold me tickets in the Centenary stand. Kept telling myself to stay still if we scored, but Carl Griffiths put us one up in the first few seconds. I jumped up and got some right looks so started calling us 'stuffy.'
Rush scored twice late on and they were taking the piss. They said it was obvious but left me well alone.

Anyone ever done a home game in the away end just for the fun of it?

Both at the Etihad and Maine Road for Newcastle games with friends from up there. Been in both ends at St James park for City games too...

As for other away matches in the home end...a fair few including Millwall the old place back in the 80s and the new Den last time. I was very quiet on both occasions and despite being with good Millwall friends I shite myself. Mind you I have been there a few times with Millwall friends as a neutral/supporting them and have shite myself as much as being an away fan. I havent been in the away end at either old or new Den.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.