awaydays film

Lucky Toma said:
That's the thing Pige, in the book that scene is sensationally good.

Me and my mates had an obsession about it for ages and would quote extracts to each other endlessly.
We all got invited up to the premiere in Yorkshire but unfortunately I couldnt make it.
They went and met the cast afterwards etc and came back raving about it, saying it was all they'd hoped it would be and more.

So now I'm ridiculously excited and wait for a week or two before my mate sorts out his downloaded copy to show me.

I sit and watch it - with him pretty much looking at me throughout for my reaction rather than the film (he'd already seen it countless times within that week) - and just feel flat.
It was a huge huge let-down for me and not a patch on the book.

The performances are very good but the script fell between two stools. It tried to introduce a mainstream audience to that world yet also attempted to retain its heart. In the end it acheived neither for me.

Soundtrack is incredible though :)
A lad at work who is 'involved, lets say, said the same about The Football Factory. The book was superb, he said, but the film let it down. I actually quite liked the film of that, some funny dialogue in it and the opening scene was pretty good too. When i watch it now its shit, basically because its dated. Green Street was so poor it was untrue and should have kept its original title of 'The Yank', would have been more apt. The part where they turn up at Victoria Station after hijacking that van..... shocking.

Still Can't beat the The Firm, the original one that is with Gary Oldman, IMO a fantastic film. The recent ones, Green Street, The Firm (re-make) & awaydays are all immensely poor.

Ayrshire-Blue said:
Still Can't beat the The Firm, the original one that is with Gary Oldman, IMO a fantastic film. The recent ones, Green Street, The Firm (re-make) & awaydays are all immensely poor.

Where's the Yeti...?

Film starts brilliantly with "Young Savage" blasting and the kid sprinting down the road... not great overall though. Think I.D. is one of the best of all these types of films..

book is much better than the film but thats not really hard in fairness. should have concentrated more on the music and less on the glamour of a mythical tranmere firm..sampson has a partner who writes much better books and am not talking about nicky alt!!

I read the book when it came out and enjoyed it. I don't like watching film adaptations as they're always a disappointment. Watched the first ten minutes of Green Street before switching it off. I can't take seriously any movie which expects you to believe Frodo Baggins and one of the cast of Queer As Folk as hooligan top boys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.