Axel Witsel reportedly agreed to join Stoke

That sounds more like reality. It'd sounded bizarre City targeting Witsel, out of every player available on the market. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but he has gone down since his days at Benfica. If there were someone City would be targeting from the Russian League, it would be someone from the trio at Zenit.

This is how I feel too, there are far more talented players out there, Tielemans, Koke, Pogba, Verratti, all of whom would add a new dimension to our side.

decent box-to-box player. he's the player we can sign, realistically. we are not going to sign Koke or Pogba. but if this signing do happen, it's a strong signal that Yaya will be off next summer.

RTL (a Belgian tv channel and a reliable source) says that Man City and Zenit are negotiating at the moment about Witsel, Italian sources confirmed the news. He will cost around €30M.

I don't know what I think of a transfer of Witsel. Insanely talented player, but has become worse the last 3 years in Russia imo. He defends extremely well and his passingpercentage is always a 100% or a little bit less. Technically he is also very gifted and nobody can push him away. But I don't like the way he has evolved, he slows the game down too much and his passing is always very simple passing.

Maybe in the PL, he will get to his Benfica level again, because the Russian league doesn't have the best level. In Benfica he was the best player since day 1 he arrived, played really impressive there. Now, I think he has gone backwards in his development.

That sounds more like reality. It'd sounded bizarre City targeting Witsel, out of every player available on the market. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but he has gone down since his days at Benfica. If there were someone City would be targeting from the Russian League, it would be someone from the trio at Zenit.
oie_angermanagement.gif

RTL (a Belgian tv channel and a reliable source) says that Man City and Zenit are negotiating at the moment about Witsel, Italian sources confirmed the news. He will cost around €30M.

I don't know what I think of a transfer of Witsel. Insanely talented player, but has become worse the last 3 years in Russia imo. He defends extremely well and his passingpercentage is always a 100% or a little bit less. Technically he is also very gifted and nobody can push him away. But I don't like the way he has evolved, he slows the game down too much and his passing is always very simple passing.

Maybe in the PL, he will get to his Benfica level again, because the Russian league doesn't have the best level. In Benfica he was the best player since day 1 he arrived, played really impressive there. Now, I think he has gone backwards in his development.
The guy who made this report admitted it was all bs a couple hours after. This thread is pretty much irrelevant now (ironic I'm posting here I know, just wanted to let you know)

If we're getting anyone from Russia it has to be Shatov.

Don't really rate Witsel myself though, are better CM's out there that we should be after.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.