Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've thought for a while that Stones ball-playing ability has been overrated. I haven't seen him show the kind of passing range Laporte showed in his first game, at least not yet.

Stones is comfortably the most accurate passer in the league this season but he keeps his passes short and does not have that raking cross field pass in his repertoire that Aymeric does.

I'm a sucker for getting caught up in theory and projecting futures. I can't see how this one plays out....

Stones/Laporte are perfect in theory but Nico is too good and has to play an important role for me going forward.

Nico can rightly claim to have been the league's best CB over the last season and a half...

In theory, the ideal partnership is one of those plus Otamendi, or Kompany if he was fit, but it's very likely Pep is going to mix it up. So two similar players playing together, one has to change role a bit to make it work.

We're picking nits here but I'm not sure about that. Pep hasn’t done much rotation and rotation was the buzz word this year.

komapany dislikes this post

haha - I'm just going off by Vincent's own words this week. A lot of people on here would not put him in their starting 11, but I think if he's fit, I'd put him in. Especially considering his leadership is invaluable. Apart from Dinho, I don't think there are much traditional alpha leaders on the pitch. Silva, Aguero, KDB (and other senior players) are not the type to be demanding performances or directions from others on the pitch. Vincent stamps his authority on and off the pitch.

He was very good on Wednesday night but its worth mentioning that Mangala was excellent on his debut too but I think Laporte looks tailor made for this City team. It will be interesting to see how he gets on against some of the more agricultural centre forwards or away in some of the more old school grounds.

As an earlier poster said he did and he can he has just returned and passed more conservatively. A run in the side will show how good he is at those passes. Earlier in the season it was Stones playing the forward balls and Otamendi playing a bit more conservatively.

Either way, in summary we have another great defensive playmaker!
This was never the case. Otamendi had always been the more forward passing player. Folks just spent a lot of their time focusing on his error early on and never realized he was making those passes.

You can go as far back as Everton to see him driving forward with the ball, taking shots ( I believe he has the most shots on target in that game), and putting thru midfield splitting passes consistently.

It just took folks a minute to shed their preconceived notions of him to see what he was doing. Stone was more of a rotate the ball and keep everything moving passer.

Both were excellent. But Ota' was always the better attacking passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.