Aymeric Laporte 2018 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
If stones can catch up, with a sprinkle of Ota, then we have another level to our game not yet seen, which is frightening...

Laporte reminds me a bit of Alan Hansen, composed yet alert...

We've got several levels above what we've seen still to go. Aguero has only really clicked in the last month, during which Sterling has been out, Sané has only just returned to form and still has miles to go, Mendy hasn't arrived yet and Bernardo is just starting to spread his wings.

There's so much more to come.

We've got several levels above what we've seen still to go. Aguero has only really clicked in the last month, during which Sterling has been out, Sané has only just returned to form and still has miles to go, Mendy hasn't arrived yet and Bernardo is just starting to spread his wings.

I meant as a defensive unit..

I discussed this last year around pep teams, they invariably always have the best stats on the board. This year, regardless of being joint top in terms of goals conceded, I think next year it won't even be close, that in itself gives me a belief that we'll achieve the 'back to back' title others want to measure us on...

There's this Brazilian kid who plays CF too.

Hope he plays against Basel. Just as it was important to get him bedded in as soon as he joined, against the Albion, it's also important that he feels part of the CL squad and ready to go in the next round, assuming we progress,

I meant as a defensive unit..

I discussed this last year around pep teams, they invariably always have the best stats on the board. This year, regardless of being joint top in terms of goals conceded, I think next year it won't even be close, that in itself gives me a belief that we'll achieve the 'back to back' title others want to measure us on...

Yeah I agree, I've said before that while I doubt we'll beat Chelsea's 15 goals conceded, a season or two below 20 is very much on the books over the next few years.

So glad we decided to go out and get him. Tailor made for our setup and going to improve a ton under Pep.

Pleased with Laporte's steady start to hopefully a long and successful career at City. However I did think that he should have stopped the second Basel goal with a more robust Dunne/Otamendi style tackle to win the ball. Good to have game time with Stones but room for improvements.

A lot of pundits blaming Laporte for the 1st goal because he was caught upfield , but if Dinho had been playing he would have been back in place and covering but Yaya had that responsibilty last night and he didnt have the legs to get back , if Dinho had played that first goal for Basle doesnt happen. The second goal he could have made an attempt to block , but Bravo should not be beaten at the near post and again i dont think that shot would get past Ederson.

I think his attempt to stop the second goal was absolutely pathetic. Hopefully we'll never see that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.