Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much doubt Barca or Real will pay £51m. They usually spend the big money on attackers. Anyway Laporte is good, but he is not £51m good. The guy would be worlds most expensive defender.

Barcelona are not looking for a left sided central defender, they have one for the foreseeable future in Umtiti. With Marlon Santos also on board, they will not splash the cash on an expensive CB since they never have done this before

I think it's very clear Laporte is still the target and based on the player's comments, just a matter of time

£51m release clause is high. But if he wanted to do right by Bilbao then maybe they will do right by him. As one of la ligas 'poorer' teams a high RC puts them in a better bargaining position to make some till off a prized asset. Nowt wrong with that. If we do go in for him i reckon it would be lower than the RC maybe a sweetner (although do they only take Basque players?)

Only play Basque players

Negotiating with Bilbao is always difficult, regardless of place in the table - a big reason why a January signing, for me, seemed improbable eventhough it seems clear Pep wants him

would be one of our very best signings if we can get him. a truly outstanding player. was gutted we missed out on him last year. him and stones would be awesome together.

Only play Basque players

Negotiating with Bilbao is always difficult, regardless of place in the table - a big reason why a January signing, for me, seemed improbable eventhough it seems clear Pep wants him

Do their release clauses only come into effect in the summer?

Everyone knows they won't accept anything less than the release clause, but you'd think that would make them vulnerable to January transfers in situations like this because if the price is the same in the winter and the summer, there's no reason to not buy him now.

£51m release clause is high. But if he wanted to do right by Bilbao then maybe they will do right by him. As one of la ligas 'poorer' teams a high RC puts them in a better bargaining position to make some till off a prized asset.
Bilbao's one and only negotiating position on selling one of their players is "pay the release clause or fuck off", understandable when you think they've restricted themselves (admirably imo) to a small pool of potential players.

Bilbao's one and only negotiating position on selling one of their players is "pay the release clause or fuck off", understandable when you think they've restricted themselves (admirably imo) to a small pool of potential players.
I think , if I remember, the clause jumps up after next summer. That was Bilbaos one compromise. I get the impression they agreed to that to persuade him to give one more year. I would be very surprised if he doesn't move this summer, and slightly surprised if it isn't to us. Especially if the going rate for players like van Diyk is £50 m.

VVD is a better option imo, he is good on the ball but also a beast physically, very dominant in the air & a bit like Vinnie very quick for a big unit. He would hit the ground running already accustomed to the PL. Laporte would be a MASSIVE gamble if we have to throw £50m at it with him being unproven in the PL or at the top-level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.