Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenophobia ?? Why the fuck do I hate people from other countries you soft git.So lets see we have players from Belgium,Spain,Brazil,Argentina,Germany,France and the likes and you call me out ?? Get a life soft arse.

Ok please explain why Spain is such an easy league. Please use the Uefa coefficient in your argument.

Ok please explain why Spain is such an easy league. Please use the Uefa coefficient in your argument.

The problem with this discussion is the use of words such as 'better', 'easier'! The only comparison with La Liga and the PL that does stand any scrutiny is that competition extends in the PL a lot further down the league than it does in La Liga. Two of the most successful sides in world football ever, Barca and Real, play their games and generally pick up the 'two points for their 'Inflated' coefficient a bloody sight easier than some of the PL sides do!

I think there are not many miles in a discussion about La Liga and the PL. The PL is infinitely more competitive than La Liga but La Liga contains two of the most successful sides ever. Wonder how Barca and Real would fare in the PL. I suspect it wouldn't be a two horse race every season!

The problem with this discussion is the use of words such as 'better', 'easier'! The only comparison with La Liga and the PL that does stand any scrutiny is that competition extends in the PL a lot further down the league than it does in La Liga. Two of the most successful sides in world football ever, Barca and Real, play their games and generally pick up the 'two points for their 'Inflated' coefficient a bloody sight easier than some of the PL sides do!

This just isn't true anymore.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are very good, sure, but Sevilla have split them for most of the season and kept pace, Atletico Madrid have been to more champions league finals than the entire Premier League combined in the last 5 years. Villarreal would be favourites against United or Everton. Las Palmas are certainly a much better side than anyone in 8th-11th over here, they'd win every time.

The only part of La Liga that's weaker than their Premier League counterparts is probably the lower midtable. The drop off after 11th is more abrupt in Spain, here it reaches about 13th before going down hill.

Last edited:
Maybe that's true. However, it's interesting that most of the worlds top managers are desperate to work in England. Maybe they're all clueless too.

They want to get paid! Diego Simeone has won the league, Europa League, Cup, taken his team to 2 Champions League finals, made them one of the best teams in Europe and he gets paid around the same amount as Slaven Bilic.

Manager salaries over here are even more disproportionate than the players salaries compared to similarly skilled counterparts around Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.