Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just isn't true anymore.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are very good, sure, but Sevilla have split them for most of the season and kept pace, Atletico Madrid have been to more champions league finals than the entire Premier League combined in the last 5 years. Villarreal would be favourites against United or Everton. Las Palmas are certainly a much better side than anyone in 8th-11th over here, they'd win every time.

The only part of La Liga that's weaker than their Premier League counterparts is probably the lower midtable. The drop off after 11th is more abrupt in Spain, here it reaches about 13th before going down hill.

And how 'effective' would those sides be at away games at Turf Moor, The Britannia, The Riverside, have a full PL programme against other PL teams who are desperate to hang on to the riches of the PL in weather that I fancy would only ever be seen in Galicia. Yeah it gets a bit chilly in Madrid and can snow but I don't yet accept that La Liga compares favourably to the rigours of a season in the PL.

And how 'effective' would those sides be at away games at Turf Moor, The Britannia, The Riverside, have a full PL programme against other PL teams who are desperate to hang on to the riches of the PL in weather that I fancy would only ever be seen in Galicia. Yeah it gets a bit chilly in Madrid and can snow but I don't yet accept that La Liga compares favourably to the rigours of a season in the PL.

Jesus Christ, this comment is as dumb as "Messi can't hack it in a cold rainy night in Stoke".

British football, filled with it's foreign players, managed by foreign coaches and owned by foreign owners, increasingly attended by foreign visitors is not special. INGURLAND is nothing special, and the reason English teams consistently do badly in Europe and Spanish teams (even excluding the top 2) always do well is because they are simply better teams.

Jesus Christ, this comment is as dumb as "Messi can't hack it in a cold rainy night in Stoke".

British football, filled with it's foreign players, managed by foreign coaches and owned by foreign owners, increasingly attended by foreign visitors is not special. INGURLAND is nothing special, and the reason English teams consistently do badly in Europe and Spanish teams (even excluding the top 2) always do well is because they are simply better teams.

I have ten pesetas here that sez Messi can't hack it on a cold rainy night in Stoke, or Middlesborough, or The Swamp, or Turf Moor. He can't hack it for Argentina! He's no bloody chance in the PL. Let's have a vote. Hands up those who think Messi can't handle Stoke et al on a cold rainy night?

5674 hands up and 569 down. You owe me Domalino, but as I like you, unlike our FArce, I gonna waive the ten pesetas you owe me!

Oh by the way, I think that the PL is stuffed with foreigners is because they think it is, er, rather special!

The top two in Spain are better teams but they've also to contend with a less rigorous domestic league. Does make it a little easier.

Discuss the topic please guys.Make another thread if you want to discuss the difference's between here and other leagues.

Thankyou.

I have ten pesetas here that sez Messi can't hack it on a cold rainy night in Stoke, or Middlesborough, or The Swamp, or Turf Moor. He can't hack it for Argentina! He's no bloody chance in the PL. Let's have a vote. Hands up those who think Messi can't handle Stoke et al on a cold rainy night?

5674 hands up and 569 down. You owe me Domalino, but as I like you, unlike our FArce, I gonna waive the ten pesetas you owe me!

Oh by the way, I think that the PL is stuffed with foreigners is because they think it is, er, rather special!

The top two in Spain are better teams but they've also to contend with a less rigorous domestic league. Does make it a little easier.

You actually think the foreigners are here because they think it's special, or are they here because the average wage is 3x higher than Spain and Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.