Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a big fan of this signing, an ideal long term partner for Stones. From what I've seen of him he's got decent pace, big strong lad (you don't play for Athletic without being willing to put yourself about a bit) and excellent on the ball. For defenders it's all about the system and I think he'd be perfect for ours, in time, unlike Johny Evans which just baffles me. otamendi is pretty much 30 now, so having Laporte playing his understudy while he learns the system seems like a good long term move, especially as ota can just as easily play on the right if Stones is out.

I dont think this kid is a finished product , i can pep re-making him to fit into the squad wherever possible (admittingly not all positions will be ideal for him)

Last thing they will do is contact the club if they are prepared to pay the buy out clause. First job, via his agent, is to get player totally onside. Then City decide whether to try and haggle with Bilbao or just cough up...

Athletic don't haggle - with them it's a simple process of you either pay the clause or you don't get the player. I'm sure our board will be aware of that given how far we went with the player last time.

I've not seen much of Laporte but I'm damn sure City and Pep have kept an eye on him and still rate him highly if they are going to bid.

The idea that we need a right sided rather then left sided CB is way off beam as far as I am concerned. Stones, Vinnie and Ota are all right footed; I think Tosin is too but I've never even thought about which foot he kicks with.

A top quality left footed CB is just what we need; preferably one who can play full back if need be.

IMO the main threat for Laporte is Barcelona, as he played under Valverde a lot. They seem reasonably well set with Umtiti, Pique and Yerry Mina now.

Yes and we will bid for Umtiti otherwise I would imagine. I think Laporte is a better player with more potential myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.