Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dax777 said:
I don't get the problem here. If he is a top defender, young, fast and tough and CB has been our weakest link this year, why is anyone against it.
Kompany is injury prone, and not currently playing well. Demichelis is one year older. Boyata says he is considering being off.

So here is what we are left with one young defender who hasn't hit his full potential yet in Mangala, an injury prone Captain who has been off form all season and an aging vet.

So why are we opposed to bringing in talent for competition? If he is as talented as been suggested, then I will welcome his addition. It has been an underperforming position.

And as for the youth team defenders, if the youth players are good enough, they'll make it and if not they'd be moved on for a profit with buy back first options.

Let competition and merit push the best to the top, and the rest can be moved.

Unless some want to argue he isn't good enough, if he is, and we are weak at the position, get him.

Totally agree with this. If we could get him for £25mil I would consider that an opportunity too good to turn down. Despite our loyalty to Kompany, our hope for Mangala and our appreciation for Demichelis you can't honestly watch this lad play and not think he would be an improvement on all of our current defenders. We could be looking at a real defender crisis this time next year. Demi is getting too old, Mangala won't get more than two seasons to prove himself and Kompany shouldn't be given more than two seasons of current form to sort his performance out either. Don't wait til were desperate to start taking action, that's when we will be made to pay a premium for whatever we can get.

I really hope we still make room for Denayer (perhaps move Demicheles on even with his new contract)

Can Denayer play RB/DM?

He's a quality player but we already have Mangala, Denayer and Rekik. We would be better off spending money on other areas.

bluechampion7891 said:
I really hope we still make room for Denayer (perhaps move Demicheles on even with his new contract)

Can Denayer play RB/DM?
He has played in midfield (some see that as his eventual position), but I don't remember him ever playing at right-back.

bluechampion7891 said:

Can Denayer play RB/DM?

Can see Denayer having another season long loan and ready to replace MDM the following season.

kun said:
He's a quality player but we already have Mangala, Denayer and Rekik. We would be better off spending money on other areas.

bluechampion7891 said:

Can Denayer play RB/DM?
He has played in midfield (some see that as his eventual position), but I don't remember him ever playing at right-back.
We have Mangala. Denayer and Rekik are prospects who may or may not make the grade. Besides, Denayer is a pretty decent Rightback, so he can start by backing up Zaba.

Better yet, Larpote is supposedly a quality CDM. Matic-esque. So he can play there if Komps and Mang works out.

I see no downside here.

Dax777 said:
kun said:

bluechampion7891 said:

Can Denayer play RB/DM?
We have Mangala. Denayer and Rekik are prospects who may or may not make the grade. Besides, Denayer is a pretty decent Rightback, so he can start by backing up Zaba.

Better yet, Larpote is supposedly a quality CDM. Matic-esque. So he can play there if Komps and Mang works out.

I see no downside here.

that should be good and also goes in hand with the goal report which says we have made Fernando available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.