Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we are buying laporte and stones then one of mangala or otamendi is leaving along with martin. my guess would be mangala as nico is better with the ball and suits guardiola more.

i also think with us signing two defenders i get the feeling we are planning ahead just in case vinny has another injury hit season because as it is now it looks like his body cannot compete with playing three games a week.

it will be interesting to see where denayer fits in because if we bring in two central defenders denayer won't get a look in unless we have in mind him potentially coming in at right back.

Even if Kompany comes through the Euros unscathed, he'll be a late arrival back into training and will need to be treated with kid gloves at the start of the season. Laporte will not be ready for the start of the season. Would we throw Stones straight into the first team?

The fact the guy has broken his leg and dislocated his ankle, injuries he is yet to play again after surely makes this another big risk. Add in that he like mangala and otamendi will have to adjust to the prem makes me very nervous.

If we sign him and Stones then both Otty and Mangala need to go. Kompany and Denny will be fine.

Not that I'd sign Stones, if only because we know Everton will end up screwing £60 mill out of us and I hate clubs taking the piss and us drinking it down.

I believe he took to Twitter to reject the transfer rumours.

Seems a strange move really.

It could be the reason Athletic are notorious hard bargainers, and insist on the buying clubs meeting the desired buy out clause. Maybe we are trying to drive the price down resulting in Laporte covering his back should negotiations go tits up?

The price may seem steep but if Pep wants him, get him. After that shower of shit against Southampton Peps shopping list probably got a lot bigger.

I think it showed us who is already off tbh and they know it. Their agents will already be made aware and hopefully will be moving their clients on ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.