Bacary Sagna - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is knocking on 35 what do you expect lol,still does a solid job
If you call going backwards with 95% of his passing and not tucking in to help cover his centre back then I guess you may be onto something Karen - seriously though Sagna has been ok but should have only been given a 2 year deal. Given his experience I find it frustrating that he passes back to Stones which constantly puts him under pressure. I want him to take more responsibility, it's not as if he hasn't got ability. On a lighter note how good was it to see Zabba back to his leadership best - much needed tonight and a key to us getting a lead.

Imo he's probs our best defender without Vinny. Yes he passes it back a lot but that's the way we play. We try and draw the oppo onto us so we can exploit the gaps further upfield. Thought he played well today and has been a good signing for us since he came.

If playing full back was just about defending then Sagna would still be an important player in this side. As it is, defending is only a small part of being a top-class full back, especially in a side like ours. Watching him point blank refuse to pass the ball forwards makes me want to self-harm.

He's been fine this year, I wouldn't write him off.... but he was a weak link in passing at the back tonight, for sure.

I think he froze a little. Every time he took the ball his feet were planted and he was generally stiff as a board.

I think it's partly because he doesn't have the confidence to play anything but easily controllable stuff to Sterling, especially as the latter didn't get the same close support that Silva gave to Sane.

What a life it would be, if you could play for Man City

The boy he plays at number 3, Bacary Saaaaagnaaa

Our best performing full back and is still worth a contract extension, but he probably will want a longer deal.

Looked woefully out of position on a couple of occasions tonight as did Fernandinho. They seemed to have acres and acres on either wing and as much time as they wanted to get into positions that could potentially hurt us. Like Clichy a good solid signing for little outlay and his time with us should be deemed a success. That said we are desperate for an injection of youth in both fullback positions.

Looked woefully out of position on a couple of occasions tonight as did Fernandinho. They seemed to have acres and acres on either wing and as much time as they wanted to get into positions that could potentially hurt us. Like Clichy a good solid signing for little outlay and his time with us should be deemed a success. That said we are desperate for an injection of youth in both fullback positions.

I think there was a clear instruction to invert the full backs which did help us stem the tide through the middle.
Pep said in his press conference they played inverted wingers and the full backs bombed on for width.

Well, they did. I'd have thought as they were being rinsed by Sterling & Sané they may have stayed back, they didn't.

We capitalised on that.
For all their rapid transitional play they scored from a poor kick out and two fairly harmless lumps over the top.

I think we isolated our centre halves a little, but it was intentional.
8/10 or more like 6/10 at City even our defenders stop their goals.

Having said that, imagine their fullbacks at City. I think Fabinho will join. I know he didn't play right back, but he does and centrally too.
Perfect for Pep. Just need Alaba then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.