Back operation

ashytheblue

I have a major herniated disc that has gone into the spinal canal and causing alot of pain in my leg. I had a caudal epidural but they said its 50/50 if it works or not, that was 3 weeks ago.

I had a phone conversation with spinal doctor who said if the pain hasnt improved by this tuesday i will be booked in for a operation to remove some of the disc. It is at level L5/S1.

Has anyone else had this operation? What was recovery time? How are you feeling now and have you seen more back problems since?

I put up with a slipped disc for over 6 months till it went back into position by itself, the pain was horrendous and mostly in my leg rather than in my back, my upper body was twisted and still is today and every now and again the back pain appears, I take pain killers and do some exercises and I'm back to normal apart from the twist. Me personally wouldn't want a operation on my lower back and let your body fix it naturally.

Had a ruptured disc removed over 14 years ago....and never looked "back". I went through the cortisone injections/physio but none were long term. Go for it mate, best decision you can make in the circumstances. I had stopped playing football because of it but was playing again, totally pain free about 2 months later, but just do what your body tells you in terms of your recovery. Are you seeing Dr. King at The Alex?

Seeing Dr. Kappor at stepping hill.

Id love it if it naturally fixed its self but i cant go to work,drive or fly so doing that for 6 months or maybe longer isnt an option. Iv already had 7weeks off (luckily on full pay).

A lad i know said he recovered well and no problems since but the doctor is telling me we will know each other for life as i will always be in to see him with more problems.

I also wont be able to go to the games

I have a disc that sometimes pops out leaving me unable to move hardly, it usually lasts a few days before it goes back in, then Im ok
Whatever you decide best of luck pal.

Seeing Dr. Kappor at stepping hill.

Id love it if it naturally fixed its self but i cant go to work,drive or fly so doing that for 6 months or maybe longer isnt an option. Iv already had 7weeks off (luckily on full pay).

A lad i know said he recovered well and no problems since but the doctor is telling me we will know each other for life as i will always be in to see him with more problems.

I also wont be able to go to the games

I'll use your season ticket in exchange for my free advice ;) Try and get to see Mr. King....I'm sure he does NHS as well as private.

My Wife worked for 6 months with two discs that had slipped. No idea how she did it as I'd have been in bed all day moaning like a twat. She had quite a long recovery time but now she can lead a full and active life, no skateboarding, jumping around, fun fair type stuff etc etc a few aches and pains from time to time, that sort of thing, but otherwise no biggie. Try and keep active because if you put weight on it's worse.

My Daughter had the same op done 3 years ago after having years of excruciating leg pains mainly and she is 100% now. Her recovery was faster than she expected too but she was/is young I don't know if that's a factor.

I was diagnosed with extruded disc L5-S1 in 2012. I was given the option of a operation but was also told only 50-50 if it would be successful! Bollocks to that i said, let me know when it's nearer 80-20. It goes on me now and then but i've managed to live with it.
It's tight usually on a Monday morning especially if i've spent most of the weekend on my fat arse watching sport on the box.

I had one of those instances where the jam came out of the disc and all the agony was in my leg. I couldn't sit down, and I spent a few weeks standing up, Powerful painkillers from the quack were some relief till it cleared up with a bit of physio. I'll always remember it 'cos it was the weekend we battered the Ragamuffins senseless - 1-6!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.