Back three with wingbacks

Nasri's Hair

So we looked really strong defensively and still had enough going forward. If this is our preferred formation during the season my only question is how we keep all of our players happy.

First back three I see us keeping Stones who played really well against real, Otamendi, Kompany, Mangala who did well enough, and Tosen.

Wingbacks, I see Danilo and Mendy being our first choice if playing with wingbacks, but still rate Walker just a bit crazy if he ends up being our backup considering his price tag. Fernandinho is our fourth choice if needed

Pivot: Yaya, Gundogan, and fernandinho.

Free midfielder: debruyne, Silva, b. Silva. Maybe even nasri.

Front 3: Jesus, Aguero, debruyne, Sterling, Sane, b. Silva, Also Foden and Diaz have proved they deserve places in the team this year even if in limited rolls. Roberts still on the fence about just because of how deep we already are.

Zinchenko did not look great in either preseason game and think he should get another loan.

This is insane depth in my opinion and am ecstatic with the possibilities. My only concern is there is no way we can keep everyone happy playing with wingbacks
Wondering what other people think?

So we looked really strong defensively and still had enough going forward. If this is our preferred formation during the season my only question is how we keep all of our players happy.

First back three I see us keeping Stones who played really well against real, Otamendi, Kompany, Mangala who did well enough, and Tosen.

Wingbacks, I see Danilo and Mendy being our first choice if playing with wingbacks, but still rate Walker just a bit crazy if he ends up being our backup considering his price tag. Fernandinho is our fourth choice if needed

Pivot: Yaya, Gundogan, and fernandinho.

Free midfielder: debruyne, Silva, b. Silva. Maybe even nasri.

Front 3: Jesus, Aguero, debruyne, Sterling, Sane, b. Silva, Also Foden and Diaz have proved they deserve places in the team this year even if in limited rolls. Roberts still on the fence about just because of how deep we already are.

Zinchenko did not look great in either preseason game and think he should get another loan.

This is insane depth in my opinion and am ecstatic with the possibilities. My only concern is there is no way we can keep everyone happy playing with wingbacks
Wondering what other people think?
I'm pretty sure we'll miss and match. I think now we've got better full/wingbacks Pep will pay three at the back more often than last season, but I still expect us to pay 4 at the back quite often.

Doubt it'll be our preferred formation, but it could be useful in certain games. We've got the players now to do it more effectively.

I'm pretty sure we'll miss and match. I think now we've got better full/wingbacks Pep will pay three at the back more often than last season, but I still expect us to pay 4 at the back quite often.
That's what I'd have thought.
Walker
Kompany (when available)
Stones/Otamendi
Mendy

That's what I'd have thought.
Walker
Kompany (when available)
Stones/Otamendi
Mendy
Exactly. In practice it might transition into that tucked in fullbacks, midfielder dropping deep-thing from last season.

I think one of the center backs ( possibly the left center back), should be someone that can play center back but also left back. A little bit like Abidal or Alaba. That left center back needs to know the left back position aswell, because is going to recicle possession on the full back position but will also overlap to make it unpredictable. In the defense he needs pace and height because he´s going to be close to the other center backs to help with crosses. The problem is that there isn´t a player like this available. Could Inigo Martinez adapt to this position? The only guy would be Lucas Hernandez but he´s right footed and he is not going to leave Atletico

Last edited:
Think we'll see a further experiment on Saturday where we drop to 4 at the back and bring in Sané as the winger. Multiple options are good

We'll use it maybe 5-8 times throughout the season, but more often than not it will be a back 4. You have to remember we are currently missing midfielders like Gundogan, Silva and Bernardo. When they are back, we'll be stronger with the extra attacking player and a back 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.