Back three with wingbacks

It's been shared on another thread for different reasons but in this piece about last season there's a section about Pep's tactics that's quite interesting. It particularly looks at the three at the back situation and the way the full backs tucked into midfield. If you look at Barca and what he did at Bayern, Pep prefers decent players with 100% effort, intellect and flexibility than world class 1 position players.

https://www.otbfootball.net/pep-guardiola-marmite-his-first-season-at-manchester-city/

the formation was not the key to a bad season last season it was not having a settled team and the defence was all over the place when the changes was made almost everyweek and players covering in roles they did not understand or could not play was also a big part to a bad season

my bet is that pep will keep a settled side and keep the changes to minimal this season and if kompany stays fit the defence does not need to be in question the formation only changes when the better team we play and 3 at the back will be played. i think the starting point will be 2 centre backs and 2 wing backs and 1 holding midfield with the other 5 forwards and at times it will look like 7 attacking with the wing backs pushed right up its going to be fun watching this season

the 100 goals in the league will be a target and i have this feeling everybody will score this season even the keeper and forget aguero breaking the manchester city all time goals record i think he could break the premier league record for a season if fit for the full season

thats my fav position in fifa, and i think considering the kind of talent we posses this will be the best one for us. creative midfielders in the middle, extreme pace on the wings with excellent strikers leading the line

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.