Back to Lime Street after Liverpool game?

shit time on New Year's Eve to kick off a match anyway but put the feelers out sure someone will be driving past yours on the m6 to get picked up just offer fuel money know there is or used to be a coach From your neck of the woods somewhere

The Cheltenham and Gloucester supporters club normally go but there isn't a bus going for this one. I've already bought my train tickets, just wondering best way to get back to train station but there is a bus apparently.

Head down, hood up, speak to nobody and keep walking.

I don't want to alarm you but....

A friend of mine who was a Liverpool fan with a non scouse accent, was walking alone to Anfield to watch a game v us. He was dressed in his suit as he had gone straight from work, and was approached by two lads one of whom asked him for the time. Now my friend being a Liverpool fan saw no harm in doing this, but as soon as he spoke, he got slashed from ear to cheek, with a double bladed stanley knife, by one of the fuckers.

So just be very careful if you're on your own.

Which season was this? I don't remember ever hearing of any supporter being slashed around the face during my time as an away game goer. This surely would have been all over the news too.

It kicked off a few seasons ago at Lime Street didn't it? Might have even been last season but even so if you keep your head down and walk to Lime Street without mouthing off then I'd say that you'd be fine. Done the walk 4 or 5 times with the wife in recent seasons and we've never encountered an issue or been asked for the time.

Sounds like bull shit to me and you need to lay off the hooligan books and films.

Which season was this? I don't remember ever hearing of any supporter being slashed around the face during my time as an away game goer. This surely would have been all over the news too.

It kicked off a few seasons ago at Lime Street didn't it? Might have even been last season but even so if you keep your head down and walk to Lime Street without mouthing off then I'd say that you'd be fine. Done the walk 4 or 5 times with the wife in recent seasons and we've never encountered an issue or been asked for the time.

Sounds like bull shit to me and you need to lay off the hooligan books and films.
Not bullshit at all, it was a long time ago.

So just because you didn't hear of it and it wasn't all over the news then I'm lying. Great evidence that to prosecute me with.

Sorry but don't like hooligan films or books, just as I don't like hooligans.

Not bullshit at all, it was a long time ago.

So just because you didn't hear of it and it wasn't all over the news then I'm lying. Great evidence that to prosecute me with.

Sorry but don't like hooligan films or books, just as I don't like hooligans.

Oh and just to confirm it was in the 80's and while walking across Stanley Park.

Oh and just to confirm it was in the 80's and while walking across Stanley Park.

Something that may have happened in the 80's is hardly good or useful information for a supporter attending the fixture tomorrow and seeking advice on how to get back to the train station is it? So well done on potentially causing someone unnecessary concern.

Still sounds like bullshit to me either way.

Back in the day it was a pitch battle back to Lime Street

One of my more unfortuante abiding memories is trying to get back to Lime Street on Boxing Day 1974. Posted about this more than once so in short: escaped mayhem in ground just after half-time. Got attacked and split from guy I was with. Took refuge at a petrol station and a Scouser who had just fuelled up gave me a lift to station so I had a lucky escape; other guy ended up in hospital.

Never taken a train to an away game since then. Actually, I did get train from Reading to Paddington after work and then Tube to Upton Park for League Cup semi but that was with two Hammers from work.

Last edited:

I know a Maine road regular who got slashed across the cheek at Everton dirty scouse ****s

Something that may have happened in the 80's is hardly good or useful information for a supporter attending the fixture tomorrow and seeking advice on how to get back to the train station is it? So well done on potentially causing someone unnecessary concern.

Still sounds like bullshit to me either way.
Believe what you like.

Any information to keep one of our own blues safe is pretty important, no matter how old it might be.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Carling cup semi final when Bellamy scored. I was asked the time by a mickey. Gave him a stare and said behave. Seemed to do the trick.

So some still out there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.