Bailiffs,advice.

Thanks for all the comments,may I also add that the vehicle at the time of the supposed offence taking place was actually leased by myself,I have since purchased the vehicle

From the limited experince i have had and what i seen on the telly once they on your case there is no reasoning with them .they dont know the circumstances they just carry out court instructions .Defo see a solicitor mate

Thanks for all the comments,may I also add that the vehicle at the time of the supposed offence taking place was actually leased by myself,I have since purchased the vehicle

Even if it was leased the V5 would still have your address on it, as PB said, did you not update Swansea with your new address. When the fine was sent out they would have gone by the address that Swansea held and for that reason you may not be able to argue that you did not know about it.

Even if it was leased the V5 would still have your address on it, as PB said, did you not update Swansea with your new address. When the fine was sent out they would have gone by the address that Swansea held and for that reason you may not be able to argue that you did not know about it.
That's not true. For a leased car, the leasing company holds the V5. I had this problem on my last car where the garage screwed up and issued the V5 to me. I paid car tax for 2 years before finding out it wasn't my problem.

That's not true. For a leased car, the leasing company holds the V5. I had this problem on my last car where the garage screwed up and issued the V5 to me. I paid car tax for 2 years before finding out it wasn't my problem.

I am going off my own experience, I leased a car for 2 years and my name and address was on the V5 and I paid car tax, so if I am wrong apologies OP, hope it gets sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.