Bale or Parker?

Paladin

Which is more prestigious - Player's Player of the Season, or the Sports Writers award?
From recent comments on TV and radio, it sounds like most players can't be bothered voting, and their PFA rep fills out their forms. Those who do complete them properly can be biased against certain players or clubs.
On the other hand, the sports writers watch football for a living. They see all players and all teams, and they are more likely to be objective in their voting. I think theirs is the better award.
For me, Bale had a great start to the season, and apart from one outstanding game in the Champions League has otherwise been average. Even Spurs fans say Modric has had a better season.
I agree with the sports writers that Parker has been consistently good this season. He would be followed by Vincent Kompany and Vidic in my top three.

The FWA award has been going longer.

The PFA award is voted for by fellow footballers.

As a Spurs fan, if you were to ask me which player out of Parker and Bale deserved the overall award, I'd have to go for Parker, as his performances have been spread-out over a longer period and he's been far more consistantly excellent this season than Bale has.

would real madrid get bale or parker ?

would barcelona get bale or parker ?

would bayern get bale or parker ?

would inter get bale or parker ?

would chelsea get bale or parker ?

would the scum get bale or parker ?

would city get bale or parker ?

would......

Mancio said:
would real madrid get bale or parker ?

would barcelona get bale or parker ?

would bayern get bale or parker ?

would inter get bale or parker ?

would chelsea get bale or parker ?

would the scum get bale or parker ?

would city get bale or parker ?

would......

They'd probably all go for Bale without exception.

But that doesn't mean to say that Parker wasn't the better player this season.

Didn't we try to sign Parker in January 2009 when Hughes was in charge? And we went for De Jong instead? (It worked out for the best in the end).

Personally, I'd rather be recognised by my fellow professionals who I'd compete with and against every week rather than journalists, who just write about the game. I'd take recognition from those who play the game much more seriously than those who write about it.

ifiwasarichfan said:
One is a poor version of Martin Petrov and the other is a poor version of Joey Barton.

I think calling Parker a poor version of Joey Barton is very harsh.

Apart from 2 games against Inter Milan what has Bale done? His goals and assists tally in the league is dreadful.

Add to that a poor record of injuries and you have one over hyped footballer

Motty said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
One is a poor version of Martin Petrov and the other is a poor version of Joey Barton.

I think calling Parker a poor version of Joey Barton is very harsh.

Parker is no better than Barton. It's one is a southern based player for a team half the press love and the other is a scouse thug

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.