Ballet on ice .

KAL_EL

My old man was telling me about this game today,was anyone at the game? what memories do you have of the game?
must be too soft these days eh!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3SSuBCAMxI[/youtube]

I know for a fact my Dad went to this game as he did every game home and away the season City won the title 1967-68. I'll ask him tomorrow and see what he remembers although he's 70 now so it's hard for him to recall a lot of it.

KAL_EL said:
My old man was telling me about this game today,was anyone at the game? what memories do you have of the game?
must be too soft these days eh!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3SSuBCAMxI[/youtube]

it did'nt happen, it was staged in a studio a bit like the moon landings ala capricorn one.

I was there and couldn't believe how our players kept their footing. Found out years later that their studs had been filed so that the nails stuck through a bit and gave them superb grip.

You couldn't get away with that these days and anyway the studs/blades are completely different, also they game would never have even started with the current rules and regulations.

went that day, got maines double decker from astley st dukinfield everybody thought it would be off, it was just unbelievable for me city were that season just magnificent, after jimmy greaves had scored it was one way, myself personally i thought tony coleman was just brilliant. also the goal that spuds scored from the free kick city started to use that tactic the season after, worked against norwich and a couple of other teams?

I was there, fantastic match and City played some quite breath-taking football after Jimmy Greaves had scored his customary goal against us to give Spuds the lead.

I was there too. I shall send myself to sleep tonight remembering. Thanks lads.

I was there, right behind the goals in the scoreboard end, no roof and no seats at that time. Later to become the ponsified North Stand.

The football we played that day would have been magic on a good pitch but on one that resembled an ice hockey pitch it was unbelievable and poetry in motion.

Spurs were a good team and when ace goal poacher Jimmy Greaves scored the opener I feared the worse. Then boy did we turn on the style. The clips on You Tube are not just the best clips, we played like that for most of the game and could have had a lot more than 4.

It was one of the games that you felt lucky and priveledge to have been at and one that no one there will ever forget.

My hope is that Billy Manc can build a team as good as that, I have a feeling he will create one even better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.