Balotelli (continued - bust up with Mancini pg 18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
city91 said:
Ray78 said:
city91 said:
I've got a really strange feeling that Mario is going to become one of the best strikers in the world but sadly not at our club and most definitely not under Mancini's management.

Bobby has done great things for this club however Balotelli is possibly his greatest failure as a manager. Time and time again I see the way Mancini handles Mario and it doesn't make sense what so ever.

Baring in mind that we signed Balotelli when he won the golden boy in Europe. He had the potential to be the best striker in the world and sadly he looks nothing like becoming that.

The main thing about the way Bobby's treats Mario is the fact that Bobby constantly says that he will give Mario however many chances to change. But we never see Bobby giving Mario a decent, extended run in the team do we. Its all well and good talking about Mario's antics off the pitch and giving his chance after chance because of his potential. But it is now time for Mario to show us what he can do.

IMO Mario has changed as a footballer this season, his work rate has improved dramatically and he seems to have a much better attitude. I just think the talk has been talked with Mario hundreds of times now and its now time for him to walk the walk. Give him 5-6 starts to see if he still has a future here.

I personally think Mario can be the difference in us winning the league this season. But Mancini needs to start treating him as a normal member of the team and not his little project. When Balo has a bad game get behind him and don't slate him to the press. Treat him the way he would great Sergio or Tevez.

He will not even do that. He will become another Nicolas Anelka.

I don't see it, I think we have to accept Mario will never change however the next club he plays for will play to his strengths and he will start banging goals in for fun. Anelka messed his career up at an early age and was using clubs like us and Bolton as a stepping stone to another top club. Mario will go to another top club from us and will shine at them.

Really messed up his career didn't he ?

Career honours

[edit]Club
Arsenal
FA Premier League: 1998
FA Cup: 1998
FA Charity Shield: 1998
Real Madrid
UEFA Champions League: 2000
PSG
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2001
Fenerbahçe
Süper Lig: 2005
Chelsea
FA Cup (2): 2009, 2010
FA Community Shield: 2009
FA Premier League: 2010
[edit]Country
France
UEFA U-18 European Football Championship: 1997
UEFA European Football Championship: 2000
FIFA Confederations Cup: 2001
[edit]Individual
Premier League Player of the Month (2): February 1999, November 2008
PFA Team of the Year (2): 1999, 2009
Barclays Golden Boot: 2008–09
PFA Young Player of the Year: 1999
FA Cup Top Scorer: 2009
Scored a total of more than 100 goals in the Premier League
[edit]

The lad must be gutted.

For me Balotelli will never reach the echelons of a "great" footballer because by the time he want to become one he'll be a few years from retirement and that what Mancini sees that's why he's so frustrated with him what a waste

city91 said:
Ray78 said:
city91 said:
I've got a really strange feeling that Mario is going to become one of the best strikers in the world but sadly not at our club and most definitely not under Mancini's management.

Bobby has done great things for this club however Balotelli is possibly his greatest failure as a manager. Time and time again I see the way Mancini handles Mario and it doesn't make sense what so ever.

Baring in mind that we signed Balotelli when he won the golden boy in Europe. He had the potential to be the best striker in the world and sadly he looks nothing like becoming that.

The main thing about the way Bobby's treats Mario is the fact that Bobby constantly says that he will give Mario however many chances to change. But we never see Bobby giving Mario a decent, extended run in the team do we. Its all well and good talking about Mario's antics off the pitch and giving his chance after chance because of his potential. But it is now time for Mario to show us what he can do.

IMO Mario has changed as a footballer this season, his work rate has improved dramatically and he seems to have a much better attitude. I just think the talk has been talked with Mario hundreds of times now and its now time for him to walk the walk. Give him 5-6 starts to see if he still has a future here.

I personally think Mario can be the difference in us winning the league this season. But Mancini needs to start treating him as a normal member of the team and not his little project. When Balo has a bad game get behind him and don't slate him to the press. Treat him the way he would great Sergio or Tevez.

He will not even do that. He will become another Nicolas Anelka.

I don't see it, I think we have to accept Mario will never change however the next club he plays for will play to his strengths and he will start banging goals in for fun. Anelka messed his career up at an early age and was using clubs like us and Bolton as a stepping stone to another top club. Mario will go to another top club from us and will shine at them.

The next club he will play for will have an equally frustrating time as he hasn't shown the consistency needed to be a top class Footballer.

waspish said:
For me Balotelli will never reach the echelons of a "great" footballer because by the time he want to become one he'll be a few years from retirement and that what Mancini sees that's why he's so frustrated with him what a waste

How many world footballers have been great at 22

How many people great at anything were great at 22

Because they kick a ball they should be is just plain idiotic

waspish said:
Can't disagree, hope I'm wrong but reading people is part of what I do and can't see it, hope I'm wrong

Rascal said:
waspish said:

He is 22 and these are his honours

ClubInternazionale
Serie A (3): 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10
Coppa Italia (1): 2009–10
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2008
UEFA Champions League (1): 2009–10

Manchester City
Premier League (1): 2011–12
FA Cup (1): 2010–11
IndividualGolden Boy Award (1): 2010
FA Cup Final Man of the Match (1): 2011

Well if the club sell him they should put a buy-back clause or first refusal clause in his contract, then if the penny does drop we have a chance to get him back.

Rascal said:
waspish said:

All world class players! Ronaldo at 22 was scoring 42 goals In the hardest league in Europe look at Pele Messi Maradona Balotelli should be doing his worldclassness NOW..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.