Bands that sound a lot like other bands

I’ve absolutely no idea who The High and One Summer are, but just wanted to say that The Field Mice is one band I never thought I would hear anyone mention!
The High formed in 1989 by singer John Matthews, along with former Stone Roses guitarist Andy Couzens and drummer Chris Goodwin - the original drummer of Inspiral Carpets and early formation of The Stone Roses.
This is their best known hit - a Roses influenced 'Up and down'. They reformed a couple of years ago and played festivals.

They split in 93 and John Matthews and Chris Goodwin went on to form the Manchester group 'One Summer' (named after the brilliant TV series from the 80's). They never released anything at the time, but Colin White who owns Vinyl Revival in town, released their stuff last year on his own label. They played a gig at the Ruby Lounge to commemorate the release.

Used to think Joe Jackson was Elvis Costello..
Talking of JJ anyone know if he's still in the music business?
Note to self , google

Fairly certain Mark E Smith would've had an opinion on Pavement sounding like The Fall...

Fairly certain Mark E Smith would've had an opinion on Pavement sounding like The Fall...

Pavement are so bad, they could not sound like The Fall if they tried.

I always thought Pavement took tried to make themselves a combination of The Pixies, Sonic Youth and Sebadoh. Three much better bands.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.