Barcelona & FFP

What's a culer?
DPx2w7LW0AA_hFM.jpeg

Before Camp Nou opened, Barcelona were having to play their home games at a number of different stadiums. In 1909, they moved to the Camp de la Industria which had an initial capacity of 1,500
before expanding to 6,000 in 1916.

Due to their successful seasons winning silverware, the stadium used to always get over-capacity crowds who would have to sit really close together on the walls adjacent to the pitch.

When they did that, their butts would hang over the edge of the wall, so all passers-by could see was a long line of butts all around the walls of the stadium. That led to Barça fans being christened ‘culers,’ derived from the Catalan word cul meaning “butt or arse” in English...

EzHAAdKWYAswb_B.jpeg

Wtf is going on?
Everyone is quitting at the end of the season.
Fuck it! I'm gonna lob my resignation in on Monday morning. Got to be something in all this!
I'll tell the big boss that I've taken the lollipop man position as far as I can, and it's time for a younger person with a new vision to step in.
Maybe FFP is finding out that managers can’t actually manage with what they have, buying and selling will all change unless FFP comes to an end, everyone is feeling the pinch, if City drastically try and increase prices to combat it, I don’t think you see as many legacy fans it will be tourists but only for the big games. Like I’ve said in other threads 2024 is the year that bites the British in the pocket especially, people prioritise will change drastically.

View attachment 105516

Before Camp Nou opened, Barcelona were having to play their home games at a number of different stadiums. In 1909, they moved to the Camp de la Industria which had an initial capacity of 1,500

Due to their successful seasons winning silverware, the stadium used to always get over-capacity crowds who would have to sit really close together on the walls adjacent to the pitch.

When they did that, their butts would hang over the edge of the wall, so all passers-by could see was a long line of butts all around the walls of the stadium. That led to Barça fans being christened ‘culers,’ derived from the Catalan word cul meaning “butt or arse” in English...

View attachment 105519
Bloody he'll. I couldn't believe it so I googled it.
Gives a new meaning to once a cule for me...

Once an arse, always an arse. How is this complimentary in any way?

Maybe FFP is finding out that managers can’t actually manage with what they have, buying and selling will all change unless FFP comes to an end, everyone is feeling the pinch, if City drastically try and increase prices to combat it, I don’t think you see as many legacy fans it will be tourists but only for the big games. Like I’ve said in other threads 2024 is the year that bites the British in the pocket especially, people prioritise will change drastically.
All true, that.

View attachment 105516

View attachment 105519
Grassy ass amigo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.