Barcelona v Real Madrid

Ffs haven't seen Barca looking so poor,although to be fair Madrid are playing very well,at this rate Barca could get turned over by the likes of la liga newcomers girona ;-)

Real have made good signings the last few years, but no Galacticos in the last three or so. This team has been given time to blend together and they are far and away the best in Europe. All that talent and when fully fit they still have Isco, Asensio, Kovacic, Theo, Llorente, etc. on the bench. And they've gotten rid of Morata and James! They really should win La Liga again.

As good as Madrid have been, Barca have been pretty unlucky to not have 2 goals by now, Madrid play's in such an attacking manner that there defense get's exposed time after time.

Barca having one of those hit everything but the fucking net nights.

Marcelo is close to the best player on the world for me. Just amazing how much technically good he is. You just know when he gets the ball that chance is seconds away. Madrid gonna have huge, huge issue when the time comes to replace him, he's another galaxy to anything left back position have seen and will seen in long, long time.

Real Madrid make me wonder. They're obviously incredible and deserve their recent success but I find it strange that for a team so dominant they don't ever look too fantastic.

When Barcelona or Bayern were at that level, they would spend 90 minutes dicking all over whoever they played. They had that invincibility about them.

Madrid don't, but they continue to win constantly.

I think I've struggled to put that eloquently, hopefully you'll all understand my point :P

Marcelo is close to the best player on the world for me. Just amazing how much technically good he is. You just know when he gets the ball that chance is seconds away. Madrid gonna have huge, huge issue when the time comes to replace him, he's another galaxy to anything left back position have seen and will seen in long, long time.
I remember in the first leg he let the ball drop onto his head and ran five meters while balancing it there in the middle of the game. Just staggering.
Second best fullback in the world, behind only Kyle Walker-Peters of course ;)

Barca have fallen a long way behind RM in the last few years IMO. That club are one season-long Messi injury from a serious scrap for second with Atletico I reckon, because that really leaves them with Piqué, Suarez (who needs good service like all strikers) and Rakitic.

Last edited:

Just got back from this.

Marcelo is absolutely fucking wonderful. Wow. What a player he is, and you're right, every time he touches the ball, you know he's going to make something happen. He is so skillful and a real joy to watch. To be able to influence a sides tempo and the entire flow of the game from Left wingback/fullback is truly a beautiful thing. He was worth the price of the ticket alone.

Marketing and age aside, I'd rather have him in the team than any other player on the planet, including Messi and Ronaldo. Nobody is able to be a threat for consistent period of football match more than him. I know some will find that a bullshit but I'm just in love with Marcelo, there is nothing he can't do in football except beating Crouch in the air and be perfect at defending :P - pace, skills, shot, cross, vision for wonderful pass, entertainment.. he has it all, perfect attacking player and all I want from watching football.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.