Barcelona vs Arsenal: take 2 (2nd leg)

Didn't Messi have a goal wrongfully disallowed at the Emirates? And should Barca have had 2 pens tonight?

THFC6061 said:
manimanc said:
really?

please don`t tell me because you lot are playing a day later means you think you stayed in the chimps league longer?

Could somebody call the nurse please,another outpatient has escaped..

P.S. good luck against ac milan over 35`s tomorrow....

Nice to see you're getting your excuses in early on the off-chance that Spurs just might make the Champions League Quarter Finals.

To save time in the future, shall we just assume that any team Spurs manage to beat in the Champions League must, by definition, be completely useless?
Yup.

Or you could discuss Spurs on a, erm, what do you call 'em, a Spurs forum! Or at the very least, a Spurs related thread.

Freestyler said:
The first half was like when we used to do a training game using one half in playing for college, using one goal and one team defending with the other attacking, then giving it the attacking team the ball back on the halfway line whenever the defending team won it.

Having watched barca so many times, it's all becoming quite clear to how and where they play. every single time i've watched them 80% of their football is played down the ring wing/right hand side of the pitch.

Either that or it's get one midfielder forward, to use to play one-two passes around the 18-25 yard mark, Alves tonight bombed forward more times tonight than Kolarov has in the last 5 games.

Barca use the wing backs, but it's ALWAYS the right hand side when they do it. teams get dragged into holding a high line, the midfield of iniesta and messi drag the defence high, then the wing back (alves) or extra midfielder (xavi) charge forward for the through-balls.

their passing is on another level, but when you take into context of Barca's game, it's so easy to see where and how they play their football, but even still it's literally too hard to defend against.
I think you should replace bobby... You sound like a good manager lad!!

Seeing Arsenal get dominated and then remembering how they dominated us. I am starting to realize how far we are from being top team, our midfield is total joke compared to top teams, ffs even Wigan outplayed us :(

Marvin said:
said, but he minute he kicked it, I thought you cheating......

He was on a yellow, and Arsenal had spent the 1st half wasting time. Diving around, and exagerating every foul. Yes, it was a brave decision that most refs don't give, but I applaud him for making it

I am not sure Barca's keeper made a save and Arsenal were utterly outclassed. They were fortunate to win the home leg, and should have no complaints. of course they will complain, because that's what they do. They think they police the game.

If it was unjust, then about time

And remember Inter knocked Barca out with 10 men at the Nou Camp

THIS!

Armaan said:
Freestyler said:
The first half was like when we used to do a training game using one half in playing for college, using one goal and one team defending with the other attacking, then giving it the attacking team the ball back on the halfway line whenever the defending team won it.

Having watched barca so many times, it's all becoming quite clear to how and where they play. every single time i've watched them 80% of their football is played down the ring wing/right hand side of the pitch.

Either that or it's get one midfielder forward, to use to play one-two passes around the 18-25 yard mark, Alves tonight bombed forward more times tonight than Kolarov has in the last 5 games.

Barca use the wing backs, but it's ALWAYS the right hand side when they do it. teams get dragged into holding a high line, the midfield of iniesta and messi drag the defence high, then the wing back (alves) or extra midfielder (xavi) charge forward for the through-balls.

their passing is on another level, but when you take into context of Barca's game, it's so easy to see where and how they play their football, but even still it's literally too hard to defend against.
I think you should replace bobby... You sound like a good manager lad!!

haha :)

my soon to be level 3/b license badge might just come in handy then! lol

i said tonight to my dad before the game, Xavi, Messi and Alves instrumentally will be the danger. a majority of their play and goals will come from the right, the LB will get sucked into midfield or dragged inside and the centre-backs will accidently play a high line to their midfield!

watched them for years, made it look easier tonight than they do against the shit teams in the La Liga, amazing football, love them.

not saying that the red made the difference as they were being outplayed with 11 men completely, but it could have made the difference, if Van Persie's through on goal there instead of Bendtner i think it could have been very different!

Arsenal fans need to admit they lost to the better team. Over the 2 legs Barca where clear and deserved winners. They got a 2-1 win at home and clearly went to Barca to sit back and play on the counter. They moan and moan about how the Arsenal players get unfair treatment on the pitch from opposition players and referees yet they think its ok to go to Barca and kick 10 bells of shit out of every player they could. Wilshere was at it all game and so was RVP. They where lucky to only finish with 10 men because the centre back cant spell his name should have got a 2nd yellow for the penalty and Wilshere should have been booked early on.

They where outplayed in every aspect of the game tonight and Barca should have had 5 or 6. I dont think the red card was harsh because European referees are a lot stricter. When you are on a yellow card you shouldnt encourage the referee to book you again. RVP knew he was offside so all he had to do was leave the ball and run back but no being the twat he is he decided to have a shot knowing the whistle had gone. It took him a good 30 seconds to think up of an excuse to why he shouldnt be off.

Glad they are out now as they will have a better chance of beat the rags to the title but they could now suffer a confidence knock following their lsat 3 results, lost 2-1 in CC final, drew 0-0 in league and out of CL. A month ago i ruled us out of the title race after we lost to the rags but now im thinking we are back in it. They where unbeaten not long ago and now they have lost 3 games in the space of a month. Chelsea could still win it also but i think Spurs are out of it as they are more concerned about winning the CL which i think they have a very good chance at if they can avoid Real and Barca until the final or altogether.

Robin van persie intentionally made contact with a barca players face in the first half with conviction which should have been a straight red anyway plus messi should have had penalty tonight if it was in the area. Barcelona dominated them from start to finish teaching arsenal how to play the beautiful game. if you cant beet barca with 0 center backs in the team you never will. hope they win it this year.

Forca catalonia

Arsenal had 0 shots. Not a single attempt. Yes, the sending off helped Barca on their way but I still believe Barca would have won. 30 seconds after Arsenal goals, Villa should of scored. Barca were all over them. Amazingly, despite absolutely dominating Arsenal, they didn't play at their best but it was still enough. If you want to see Barca at their best, download their 5-0 win vs Real Madrid, now that was unbelievable.

Arsenal didn't have a shot before Van Persie was sent off and didn't after. I don't think it was a big difference, in reality the game didn't change at all.

The decision was a poor one and harsh one but he certainly wasn't 'bent' etc...because surely if you are there to give decisions to one team more than another, then you give an unbelievably blatent penalty in the first half, Diaby on Messi....that was a poor decision and had that decision been given, Barca could have tore Arsenal open more times with Arsenal having to chase the game for longer.

Not to mention the fact that technically, Van Persie could of been sent off for the first offence. Tell me what the difference is if....play stops. Alves and Van Persie square up to each other and Van Persie pushes Alves face....sending off. Van Persie running to the ball, pushes Alves in the face, there shouldn't be any difference.

Also not to forget, Wenger weren't complaining about Messi's disallowed goal at the Emirates was he? wrongly. 0-2 there and they could of been out the tie before a ball was kicked tonight.

In the end, the right team went through, I don't think the decision changed the game but if it did, I'm happy anyway because the best and right team went through on the day. Wenger has spent years moaning about anti football, yet their team didn't even register a shot on goal tonight, completed about 600-700 less passes and were completely out played.

Barca are an unbelievable side. I've watched almost every game since the start of this season and for me, they are probably the greatest side ever.

Defence is very good. In reality, they don't have to do much to be honest but they are good, when actually having to defend, they have a tough job on their hands but generally do as good job as you could ask. As a team defensively, they are outstanding as they press so high and work harder than any other team.

Midfield speaks for itself, great ball retention and it's so important because that allows likes of Alves mainly and the opposite full back, usually Abidal/Maxwell but tonight Adriano to also get forward and when the opposition keep the ball for so long, the only thing opposition wide man can do is track back but even then, the runs they make are so attacking, like Alves will make runs in beyond the opposition defence, not stay wide like a lot of attacking full backs but come centrally too and it makes it almost impossible to mark. They also keep the ball so well, teams feel the need maybe rightly so to have 3 in the middle but again, that means one striker, two centre-backs, they move wide and again it means there is always an option.

Attack is unbelievable, Villa and Pedro, two top/world class players while you have the best player in the world, arguably one of the best ever playing through the middle, sometimes going in behind, sometimes dropping deep. In reality though, I think this is why Barca are possibly a different animal to last year, because Messi is just free but is mainly the striker. It makes it impossible to then go and pretty much man mark him. Last year, Ibrahimovic mainly played upfront and he HAS to play upfront, he can't do anything else. Which meant Messi would always be dropping deep, which allowed Inter Milan to basically mark him out the game, there was always players within yards of him ready to kick him out the game but now, he floats about so much around the last line of defence that it's almost impossible to have that sort of system in place because instead of being the one dropping deep and looking to make things happen, he is more on the end of chances or playing higher up the pitch and you can't expect your defensive midfielders to almost sit an extra 5/6 deeper to pick up Messi because Barca have other players to exploit it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.