Barcelona vs Arsenal: take 2 (2nd leg)

Freestyler said:
The first half was like when we used to do a training game using one half in playing for college, using one goal and one team defending with the other attacking, then giving it the attacking team the ball back on the halfway line whenever the defending team won it.

Having watched barca so many times, it's all becoming quite clear to how and where they play. every single time i've watched them 80% of their football is played down the ring wing/right hand side of the pitch.

Either that or it's get one midfielder forward, to use to play one-two passes around the 18-25 yard mark, Alves tonight bombed forward more times tonight than Kolarov has in the last 5 games.

Barca use the wing backs, but it's ALWAYS the right hand side when they do it. teams get dragged into holding a high line, the midfield of iniesta and messi drag the defence high, then the wing back (alves) or extra midfielder (xavi) charge forward for the through-balls.

their passing is on another level, but when you take into context of Barca's game, it's so easy to see where and how they play their football, but even still it's literally too hard to defend against.

The most frightening thing is Freestyler, Talksport had Stewart Robson on ( ex Arsenal and supposed tactician extraordinare), when asked how he would combat Barca he said words to the effect of " let Barca have it on the wings, they never do anything from there, just congest the middle as they always try to play it through there", I just shook my head in disbelief.

citykev28 said:
GStar said:
I'd guess we all dislike utd because we support CIty.

As i just said, after that i can put everything else aside and support the english club.

but you questioned why anybody should support barca over another english club.

Right, another english club, bar Utd...

Not sure what you were getting at?

niall_mcfc said:
Arsenal fans need to admit they lost to the better team. Over the 2 legs Barca where clear and deserved winners. They got a 2-1 win at home and clearly went to Barca to sit back and play on the counter. They moan and moan about how the Arsenal players get unfair treatment on the pitch from opposition players and referees yet they think its ok to go to Barca and kick 10 bells of shit out of every player they could. Wilshere was at it all game and so was RVP. They where lucky to only finish with 10 men because the centre back cant spell his name should have got a 2nd yellow for the penalty and Wilshere should have been booked early on.

They where outplayed in every aspect of the game tonight and Barca should have had 5 or 6. I dont think the red card was harsh because European referees are a lot stricter. When you are on a yellow card you shouldnt encourage the referee to book you again. RVP knew he was offside so all he had to do was leave the ball and run back but no being the twat he is he decided to have a shot knowing the whistle had gone. It took him a good 30 seconds to think up of an excuse to why he shouldnt be off.

Glad they are out now as they will have a better chance of beat the rags to the title but they could now suffer a confidence knock following their lsat 3 results, lost 2-1 in CC final, drew 0-0 in league and out of CL. A month ago i ruled us out of the title race after we lost to the rags but now im thinking we are back in it. They where unbeaten not long ago and now they have lost 3 games in the space of a month. Chelsea could still win it also but i think Spurs are out of it as they are more concerned about winning the CL which i think they have a very good chance at if they can avoid Real and Barca until the final or altogether.

Barcelona re the best team in the world by some distance. Its not question of us thinking we are on their level. Any team who is gonna beat Barca will do so by riding their luck and have far less possession and goal scoring chances. We knew to take Barca out we needed luck, our keeper to play out of his skin and our defence do the same.

But in a game of this magnitude, a ref should have common sense and give the striker the benefit of the doubt and have a word him, there's no reason not believe he didnt hear the whistle for the ref.

We were leading 3-2 (undeserved) when rvp was send off. That changed the game big time, because as soon as he went off, Barca moved busquat to midfield, they moved their fullbacks even further up as we had no one to even hit upfront, so the left Abidal and had Busquat and Macherano infront of him. This wouldnt happened if we had rvp upfront as he was the one who was occupying their defence. In the end their extra man and our lack of striker made the pressure to much for us and they got their goals.

People say well they would win anyway, but we were leading 3-2 with 145 mins played of the 180 mins. That red card took the small chance we had away from us. In the end of you look at the 4-3 loss, I dont think any team will keep the numbers that close against barca over two legs in the CL. The only positive thing we can take away from this is, if we were gonna go out, we went out in the best possible way. Blaming the ref....so the lads shouldnt lose to much confidence and remember the ref was crock

Im curious gooney and any other arsenal fans you are hammering the referee for putting you out of the champions league. How about the non award of a blatant penalty, how about not sending RVP for pushing alves in the face, how about not sending koscelny off for the penalty its easy to condemn the ref but the fact is arsenal got away with plenty last night as well

mancboy123 said:
Im curious gooney and any other arsenal fans you are hammering the referee for putting you out of the champions league. How about the non award of a blatant penalty, how about not sending RVP for pushing alves in the face, how about not sending koscelny off for the penalty its easy to condemn the ref but the fact is arsenal got away with plenty last night as well
how about abidal trying to strangle van persie, how about alves putting his hands on nasris face, adriano did the same as well

Im fed up with the whinging Tarquins popping up everywhere

Every time the ref blew his whistle during the game the players heard it..apart from the one time the lying ratvanfeatures conveniently did`nt

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.